Forum

MS Society... why can't you fix this forum???

I agree Nina, can we please go back to the old forum, this is so frustrating!

If this does post …hi buddies I am still trying to stay.

Pam x

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for explaining why my tablet seemed to be trying to fall out with this site yesterday. I’ll stick to checking this site on my PC for the time being.

And for those using Safari or Internet Explorer 11, another alternative is Firefox - I’m using it and it’s working just fine.

2 Likes

Thanks Stewart for the reassurance that you’re working on the problems. It is very frustrating, I keep getting told my page is out of date and to copy and paste, or I just get told that the entire ms society website is unavailable to me. I use my kindle to come to the site as my laptop is a dinosaur that takes ages to do anything so I’ll be very grateful when things are working again. As with the others I find this site a huge help.

Thanks

Cath

2 Likes

We were concerned about the upgrade and put it off as long as possible. Unfortunately, we can neither go back to the old forum- nor could we have left it as it was.

Ultimately, the old forum would have become so outdated that there would have been a lack of developers able to work on it and offer technical support. We would have become stuck.

Granted, this process hasn’t been entirely smooth, but it was utterly necessary. We didn’t put ourselves, or you, the forum users through this just on a whim- we were safeguarding our future.

hope that makes sense

Stewart (admin)

3 Likes

Hi Stewart

We are all very grateful for your work, everything is crossed that all the gremlins have gone, I suppose only time will tell.

Many thanks

Pam x

1 Like

Stewart, as part of the upgrade did you change what you feed the server hamster? Because I don’t think he likes his new food - he keeps stopping. In other words, the site crashed for a while yesterday and that isn’t the first time since the upgrade that the whole MS Society website has gone down without warning.

If I can’t get in, I check whether the site is up using www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com - every time since the upgrade it has told me that it’s not just me, the whole site looks like it’s down.

Sorry, you don’t really need any more issues to add to your list and you probably know about this already but I thought I’d mention it just in case you weren’t aware.

1 Like

Thanks Stewart… like with everything… it’s easier to cope with once you know why it’s happened.

Pat xx

1 Like

Mitzi I like the sound of www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com I will be putting that in me favourites when I get chance to have look. ##

Stewart the site has gome to pot lately, its never been good but your pi##ing off a lot of people at the moment.

Don

1 Like

Appreciate being told what’s happening, Stewart, thanks. It’s a shame there are so many bugs; I couldn’t understand at first why a buggy new system was put in place before it was really ready, but I understand much better now.

Anyway, the work you do is very much appreciated.

1 Like

l am with you Pat l have not been on here for a while sat down today took me ages to log on l forgot password l do have ms you know after a hour l am back so will see how l get on Jan

1 Like

STEWART a big thank you for getting the forum back to usable I know its been hard but you had to do it the old forum was getting worse this seem so much quicker

THANK YOU

Don

2 Likes