Hi Everyone, Sometimes I wake up or during the day I get like a crushing pain but is in my chest,like a elephant is sitting on you.Is that what the ms hug feels like it doesn’t last for long. thanks
yes i’m afraid it does sound like the hug.
I have had this feeling since diagnosis in 2005. Mine never goes away I’m afriad to say. It feels as if you are being squeezed really tightly. The only thing that really helps me is Ibuprofen twice a day and I feel much better when I put my PJs on but I can’t walk round with them on all day. Hehehehe!!
Hope your hug gives you a rest from time to time.
ive been having this on and of for a few months, it only lasts for a minute or so but it hurts like someones trying to squeeze the life outta me, so its the infamous ms hug i take it then that explains it?
Never heard of this before. When I’ve seen a posting I’ve assumed someone was sending a virtual hug to someone feeling sad! Sure have experienced it though. The first time I was sure I was having a heart attack. Actually feel relieved now I know what it is and it’s just another bloomin MS symptoms amongst all the many others.
sorry keep posting twice - got a heavy left finger!
It’s an awful syptoms. Some drugs do help. I’ve found Amitriptyline helps mine… don’t get it as often as not so ‘tight’.
Here’s a copy & paste list of tips. I’ve just added a bit about how it can be in different areas of ribs:
It’s a spasm of the small muscles between the ribs. Here are some tips that might help:
· It can go all around your rib area, or only in part of rib area… up high on ribs or low down on ribs… or it can be only on one side of ribs
· Much worse in heat
· Much worse when fatigued or stressed
· Don’t wear a bra (it irritates the muscles)
· Don’t wear tight clothing… the looser the better
· Avoid large meals… little and often is better
· Lie down in/on bed if you can… and lying completely flat often helps
· Take 2 Paracetamol… if you are not on other pain med’s
· Try controlling your breathing… deep in through the nose and slowly blow out of mouth… and try and relax whole body while doing it
· Stay as cool as you can but don’t have cold shower… luke warm is better
· Rest, rest, rest and then get some more rest (if at all possible)
· Gently rub the affected area. It might feel like it’s bruised… don’t worry, that’s normal