It does sound like the hug, I’ll give you some useful hints that were given to me by someone helpful person on this board, (please see below)
Sorry I don’t know if it’s considered to be a relapse; I get it most of the time and wear a very baggy bra, mine seems to be more of a cramp type of pain these days, if I’m out when it comes on I take an Amitriptyline tablet, though it’s not something you should take if you drive, they are best taken at night. It’s probably best if you contact your MS nurse, he/she should ask your Neurologist for some treatment.Oh and try not to panic this only makes things worse.
"It’s a spasm of the small muscles between the ribs. Here are some tips that might help:
· Much worse in heat
· Much worse when fatigued or stressed
· Don’t wear a bra (it irritates the muscles)
· Don’t wear tight clothing… the looser the better
· Avoid large meals… little and often is better
· Lie down in/on bed if you can… and lying completely flat often helps
· Take 2 Paracetamol… if you are not on other pain med’s
· Try controlling your breathing… deep in through the nose and slowly blow out of mouth… and try and relax whole body while doing it
· Stay as cool as you can but don’t have cold shower… luke warm is better
· Rest, rest, rest and then get some more rest (if at all possible)
· Gently rub the affected area. It might feel like it’s bruised… don’t worry, that’s normal"