MS Fatigue and exercise

Hi all ,

My wife has recently been diagnosed with MS , and is very tired all the time , we used to enjoy walking a lot but this is a rarity these days .

Does anyone have any suggestions on a suitable exercise regime , as i’m hoping this will boost her energy levels and general well being . I am worried about overtaxing her but if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them.

thanks in advance for any replies


I think with the added compication of not over-heating that swimming is quite good.

Also, from what I’ve gleaned in here and what my physio said, either pilates or yoga is good. Obviously it depends on lots of factors like foot-drop, vertigo etc. as to what are most comfortable exercises for her.

I believe maintaining some flexibilty and core strength are most important in the long run :slight_smile:

Sonia x

Compound exercises like squats are fantastic, planks too. Again it depends on symptoms though. A healthy diet will play a big part too, using carbohydrates for energy, eating lots of protein to help muscles build/stay strong x

My daughter has been recently diagnosed with r and r MS and is suffering from a particularly long and delibitating relapse at the moment. Several years ago she and her ex-partner took out a joint policy to cover critical illness. The insurance company are happy to pay the £20,000 cover she is due but because it was a joint cover, say her ex-partner, who left three years ago and who is marrying someone else next year, is entitled to half. He is not ill but wants the money anyway. Has anyone out there had this happen to them and is there anyone we can seek help from?


i’m sorry but I don’t have an answer for you beyond possibly the insurance ombudsman although I don’t think they can help when it is a joint policy.

Normally CI policies are taken out to help cover the mortgage on a property. If this is the case perhaps your daughter can have the insurance company pay it directly off the mortgage.

You may want to consider re-posting on Everyday Living which is a busier forum with possibly more people who know about CI.



In my opinnion you must consult with a good chiropractor doctors. One whom i known is Dr. Tony Salamay. He is a chiropractic doctor in panama city.For his consultation you can visit at