MRI appointment

So the letter has arrived and I’m booked in for next week! I’m not exactly looking forward to it…but glad it’s only just around the corner! My question is…does the radiographer ever say if they’ve seen something or is it a complete silence till you hear from the neuro? Many thanks Erica ( I am also a Mrs H, at work, thought I’d throw another one into the mix

I wasn’t told anything after the scan, and got a letter 6 weeks after. I don’t think they are allowed to say anything until the consultant has viewed the images

Thank you, sadly I thought that was probably the case! :slight_smile:

The waiting game for results is horrible, I came home every day for 6 weeks and was hoping to see a letter on the doormat. Fingers crossed it won’t take that long for you.

rufus, I’m fairly new to this forum and don’t know much about the people on here yet, so I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what was said in your letter after the 6 week wait? Basically, did they find anything on your mri?

I’m currently in the ‘waiting for mri results’ stage and it’s been just over a week since I had it done. It’s obviously a fairly stressful period as this is nearly always on my mind (although I’m doing everything possible to forget about it).

Snowdrop, I wasn’t told anything immediately after my scan. I’m sure they wouldn’t be allowed to, until the images have been properly looked at by the radiologist and then the neuro. Good luck :slight_smile:

I was seen by my neurologist the morning after my MRI

. The dx was not official as the MRI had not been reported on by the radiologist but he did immediately refer me to the ms nurse.

I suppose I was very lucky because I didn’t have weeks hanging around waiting for results the way that everyone else on here seems to have.

A M

XXXXX