Month Of Symptoms.

Hi everyone.

30 year old male here.

The past month has been such a journey I just need somewhere to vent.

Around the start of April I took a real bad turn. Started to get confused, say the wrong things even though I knew I was doing it and would correct myself. Then the vertigo. I felt like I was floating.

The headache started, behind my right eye. Before that I had issues reading. After a few awful nights my right forearm and fingers began to tingle.

After a few trips to A&E the doctor decided I needed a CT scan and my right ear draining which would relieve the vertigo.

Clearing the ear helped and the CT came back clear, they were just looking for a tumor though. They noticed a “bone spur” between C5 and C6. The doctor blamed my arm on that said it would go away and come back due to the nature of it.

After a couple of better days (lower blood pressure and less anxiety because I knew there was no tumor) I noticed not everything had gone away.

My neck started to hurt, tight and burning. I felt off centre when I walked even though I was walking straight.

My muscles began to twitch all over and for about ten minutes I lost the feeling of my legs.

Fast forward to today and I’ve had an MRI scan of my brain and neck. Just waiting now. I’m braced for bad news but not for the future.

That’s all.

Thanks for reading.

I am sorry you are having such a difficult time and hope that you get some useful info from the scan.

1 Like

Thank you very much

Hi jay did you get your results? Sounds like a lot of my symptoms but my MRI’s came back all clear I still have symptoms

Hi Paul

I did get my results.

Nothing on my cervical spine and no signs of any demyelination. They highlighted a osteophyte pressing on a part of my spinal cord, not severely but they suggested that could be the cause of some things. Anxiety the cause of the rest.

They also mentioned a few very small hyperintense focci. The phrase used was “a few more than normal for patients age but very small in size”. The consultant said these could be signs of migraine.

I’m not really any further in my diagnosis. Been waiting for a neurologist for about a month.

Hope you’re doing ok.

Hi Jay, I had nerve compression on c spine and no demyelination. I have persistent strange symptoms lightheaded and feel like I’m floating or being being pushed, legs don’t feel right at all. I am also no further forward either, hope you are well. Thanks

I’ll say most of the symptoms I’ve listed above have subsided over a period of time. It’s been a very difficult few months and I’m sure something is still wrong but I’m not in any pain.

I have some trouble keeping my head straight in terms of I make way more mistakes talking and carrying out tasks than I used to. Even just going over song lyrics in my head causes them to get jumbled up.

My legs feel ok sometimes and heavy/disconnected others. I could just be experiencing some form of long lasting anxiety. I have never been super ill before so it’s pretty scary.

Hi Jay,

I hope they continue to subside for you. I have been going through the wars the past few months as well so what I can say is that I understand. I have been back and forth with GP and also been to a neurologist to for tests etc

I get the memory and speech issues sometimes. I feel like I fumble my words.

Stay well.