Medical Marijuana?

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about marijuana strain cherry ak-47 from Cherry AK-47 Cannabis Strain Information & Review - ILGM. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don’t even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Enitan

I started looking into this about three years ago when the meds I was prescribed weren’t having any effect on the relentless nerve pain. After putting in hundreds of hours of online research time, I’ve decided that, purely for myself, it has to be worth a try at least. This is after being prescribed two more drugs for the neuralgia, with similar success.

There is plenty of negative stuff online too about the benefits, but for me, there was more than enough positive information - for it all to be nonsense. As you can’t actually obtain a prescription for medical marijuana in this country, and - in having breathing issues, will probably not want to smoke anything! - it may take a while to sort something out, so to speak!

There aren’t as many members talking about the subject as I’d hoped - but that could be for obvious reasons, and it won’t be for everyone. Many people do seem to find relief from their prescription meds, some do from mindfulness, meditation and wellbeing - so each to his/her own as everyone’s different. I have had some help and advice from a lovely lady on here who may have a more relevant answer to your question, and will hopefully post a reply at some point. chris

Thank you Chris! (I’m presuming you are referring to yours truely​!!) Hi Enitan, I too suffer badly with nerve pain in my legs, to the point I have exhausted all prescription medication & am now being put forward for spinal cord stimulation, which is very invasive & if it does’nt work I’m buggered! I have been vaping cannabis regularly now for a while. It takes the edge off & allows me to sleep. It is ground & steeped for a few days in vape juice liquid. It is basically water vapour that is taken in, not harsh like cigarettes, which I hate!!! It needs to used in a glass vape top though, does’nt work in the plastic 1s. I hope that helps a bit! Tracey

With regard to Cannabis, at long last, considerable studies are under way and with many of the hoped for benefits being found to be more than just anecdotal.

In fact some unexpected and positive findings have come to light, such as cannabis being beneficial to aspects of mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia (1) and delaying the onset of dementia. (2)

The fear mongering of legalisation in America, suggesting a surge in delinquency directly due to cannabis abuse, an increase in children consuming the herb, along with myriad other tales of woe, have all failed to come to fruition. In fact, the opposite has occurred, where due to the taboo nature of the drug being removed, it has become less attractive to 'rebellious teenagers! (3) (4)

Then you consider the economic benefits of this plant extract being taxed for those using it recreationally… but i am getting away from the question posted…

In short (too late for that), cannabis (both CDB and THC compounds) can provide a quick, easy, low cost therapy for many MS caused symptoms, with zero side effects or consequences. Whilst some might speculate upon the effect of the herb to those predisposed to certain mental ailments, and other studies have found that cannabis is not as good for glaucoma as traditional thought, it remains as an asset which is worthy of being exploited.

Of course one has to remember that smoking anything is never entirely a healthy option. But there are many ways by which to consume the beneficial compounds.

Good luck to you.

(1) http://www.psychiatryadvisor.com/schizophrenia-and-psychoses/cannabis-and-schizophrenia-trigger-or-treatment/article/399675/

(2) http://www.jpost.com/Business-and-Innovation/Health-and-Science/Cannabis-may-offer-cure-for-dementia-study-finds-490233

(3) https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/10/13/heres-how-legal-pot-changed-colorado-and-washington/?utm_term=.466d8fec1bbd

​(4) https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/12/21/one-of-the-greatest-fears-about-legalizing-marijuana-has-so-far-failed-to-happen/?utm_term=.6ab1b8288f49