1 Like

Done.

Cath x

1 Like

Already signed it

1 Like

Signed

1 Like

Do any of you know why they won’t legalise it, I’m sure it’ll have less side effects than morphine which many of us have to rely on? I don’t know enough about it but from what I have read it would be more effective in ms with the varied symptoms we cope with.

I’d appreciate any info please.

Cath x

1 Like

I’ve signed and will get my other half to as well.

Jo x

1 Like

And me.

1 Like

Hi Cath, I know it’s crazy. It’s because of this ‘war on drugs’ which has been going forever and never gets anywhere. The drug lords are still making a fortune & controlling the drug market with their violent gangs.

For reasons that don’t make sense cannabis has been caught up in this stupidity, even when they take out the bit that makes you high!

It seems ridiculous that you can go into shops and buy alcohol and tobacco which as we know are highly addictive and dangerous, and yet a plant that doesn’t cause major problems remains illegal.

Of course it does cause major problems when people muck about with it which is what happens when there is no authority that controls its production.

Forcing people who are ill and in pain to buy this stuff on the street is absurd!

When are they going to realise that the ‘war on drugs’ is working about as well as a chocolate teapot, and look at alternatives which have been suggested over and over again!

Rant over,

Pat xx

Thanks Pat. Considering I’m now certainly addicted to morphine as I’ve been taking it for over 3 years and the side effects that has I thought the reasons for the red tape were more significant. Morphine is a form of heroin, surely the social use of that drug is much worse.

I suppose there’s a reason I’m not a politician, my logic is very different to theirs.

Take care

Cath x

Hi Cath, actually I think there’s a good case for legalising all drugs including heroin.

I know some people will gasp in horror at this but I think there is a good case for it.

Most heroin users have to commit crime to get their drugs, which is actually one of the main causes of crimes of theft, muggings, etc. The prisons are full to overflowing of people who are forced into crime because of addiction.

Most heroin deaths are caused by the drug being cut by something lethal (to bulk it out so the suppliers can make more money), using dirty needles and getting diseases like HIV and hepatitis from using shared needles.

If they could get the drug from a good clean source where they could also be given clean needles…AND most important, get the medical help and the rehab help that they need, these deaths would reduce, just as the crimes would reduce.

The money spent on dealing with illegal heroin and cocaine is vast. It’s a no-win situation as it is…well there are winners. The drug lords who make huge fortunes supplying the stuff!

I know not everyone will agree with this…but maybe it’s good food for thought.

Take care, hope you’re having a nice Sunday.

Pat xx

1 Like

I see your point Pat. It’s odd really when I could walk into a supermarket or chemist and buy certain over the counter items which are more potent and will certainly make you more high than certain drugs you’d pay good money for.

I can’t imagine why people dare to inject something that was probably mixed in someone’s shed with substances you could kill your grass with.

In a way I agree with you but the thought of more people becoming addicted concerns me. More consideration on my part is needed. Hope you had a nice weekend.

Cath x

2 Likes

I am all for decriminalising drugs for the reasons you state and this policy works pretty well in Portugal. It strikes me that laws are pointless unless they work.

All we need is a politician brave enough and that could take a while.

1 Like