Forum

Looking for sympathy and advice :(

Okay, I know but I’m feeling sorry fo rmyself tonoght. After a rotten week at work I was looking forward to delivery of my brand new shiny wheelchair with EMotion powered wheels to get me around at work without much effort. Well it arrived yesterday afternoon, the guy from the company set it up and all was great. I took it out on the drive and road outside my place this morning for a quick practise and within 5 minutes the damn thing had tipped backwards. The anti-tippers failed and let the damn thing go right back tipping me out cracking my head on the road and taking a lump out of my elbow - boo hoo - hurt pride and very nasty lump and headache all day. The guy from the company came right out this afternoon and takes it back to their workshop to see ‘what on earth happned …never happended before…blah, blah’. Well he rings me back this evening to say that they have another wheelchair same make in the workshop and they are going to take the anti-tippers off that one and fit to mine. They think that mine had not been tightened properly and instead of catching me they failed and it bent something as I went backwards. So that was the sympathy - now the advice - should I be demanding it goes back to the manufacturer who is at fault instead of accepting their ‘repaired’ version. We are talking £6,700 of wheelchair and wheels here. I am now seriously shane and nervous of the thing too. The one I tried out at the showroom was nowhere near as ferocious when I used it and seemed more controllable and didn’t tip at all. The other advice I would like is that he was very evasive when I asked about after sales care of extended warrantly - and just kept saying -just ring us we will help anytime. Anyone any advice please?

I only have an NHS wheelchair. If I was paying all of that money I would refuse a repaired version and the wheelchair should go back to the manufacturer. I would demand a new wheelchair as it’s similar to buying a new car and the breaks not working. I hope your head is ok. You are lucky you weren’t knocked unconscious and my husband said he would sue them. Jacqui x

Thanks Jacqui, I appreciate your thoughts. I haven’t paid out all that money it is a combination of NHS voucher, Access to Work and my employer. It was meant to be my shiny new aid to help me stay in work as the distances to walk at my place are crazy and I am trying my best to not give up work just yet. I know I can’t sue them as I don’t have enough evidence and they can easily say - you shouldn’t be tackling any gradients to begin with. Even though it is only a tiny incline on our drive and road. But I am wondering if I should tell them I am not happy with it altogether. :? Thanks again Pat x

Hi Pat. (((((((((hugs))))))))) for the fall - ouch!!! I’m not sure what I would do tbh. I think I’d be tempted to try the new anti-tippers first and if I wasn’t happy then have it sent back to the manufacturer. However, I don’t have them on my chair as they get in the way. If you practice in a safe environment, ideally on carpet, plus with a helmet on just in case(!), you can learn to balance on the rear wheels and even move yourself only on the rear wheels. This teaches you how to stop yourself from tipping by using the pushrims. There are a couple of you tube videos that show you how to balance. Once you learn to be brave with how far you tip the chair, it is surprisingly easy! Not sure about the warranty, sorry. Check with the manufacturer maybe? Karen xx PS If you are going up a slope, you need to lean forward. Down a slope, lean back.

Thought you might all like to know that I have just heard back from the suppliers and they stripped down the wheelchair in the workshop and guess what - the entire axle and several other pins and bits were all lose - not tightened up by the manuafacturer. He said he was totally shocked and dreads to think what might have happened!! Now that gives me confidence, he has contacted the manufacturers himself but asked me to put a very firm email together an dhe will forward to them too. He said they have taken pictures etc. as it was unsfae. They have now put it back together tightened everything up and fittd new anti-tippers and has reassured me that the whole thing is now very safe :o I’m still nervous though

wobblylegs wrote:

Thought you might all like to know that I have just heard back from the suppliers and they stripped down the wheelchair in the workshop and guess what - the entire axle and several other pins and bits were all lose - not tightened up by the manuafacturer. He said he was totally shocked and dreads to think what might have happened!! Now that gives me confidence, he has contacted the manufacturers himself but asked me to put a very firm email together an dhe will forward to them too. He said they have taken pictures etc. as it was unsfae. They have now put it back together tightened everything up and fittd new anti-tippers and has reassured me that the whole thing is now very safe :o I’m still nervous though

Get your other half to whizz round in it for a while; test it out. Once you can see it’s safe, then have a go at getting comfortable with it in a nice flat area. Practice your balancing too. Once you get used to it, you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it! Kxx