Lightweight Shoes

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a web-site where I can get lightweight shoes? My neuro suggested Cosy Feet but they do footwear exclusively in ultra wide sizes and my feet are quite narrow.

Thanks,

Heather

Hi,

Hotter shoes are very light but I don’t know if they will be narrow enough for you - I have wide feet so I don’t have that problem.

Jane

Hi Heather.

Try

www,shoe-shop.com

My wife and myself get all of our shoes from them, don’t know if they would have the type you require, they do have an extensive product range, so worth a look.

Plus their customer service, is very good, and p&p at good price.

Hope this is of help.

Take care.

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

I know its going to be a bad day when I get out of bed and miss the floor, today is such a day.

Not sure if this is remotely what you are interested in, but martial arts trainers are usually very lightweight (so you can easily kick with them on :-)). They’re obviously not the best of things for dressy occasions though!

Karen x

Hi Heather

Ecco make very light shoes. I wear these almost all the time, I tend to trip up in other shoes.

Carol

Have a peek at the Camper website, easy wear comfy and nice to look at.

l love Fly-flots and Pavers - very comfy but still good looking - light - with memory foam insets. Like walking on air. lf you google them - and ask for a catalogue. They are not expensive. l have had a couple of pairs of their clog style - which have a strap to go around the back - they are in nubuck. One pair are pale-blue the other taupe and l occasionally stick them in the washing machine. Even though they are leather - they come up a treat. The manufacturers would cringe if they knew l was doing that with them. They make shoes for men and women - some are handmade - all made in ltaly.

Hope this helps - it is so important to have comfort and support. l need a bit of heel - preferbly wedge type. Flat shoes l find very uncomfortable - make my legs ache. l could never wear the UGG type of boot. And girls who wear them seem to ‘shuffle and scuff’ along. Not a good look.

F.

It may be a small point (for some) but regardless of the weight, you cannot get shoes any wider than EE.

The fittings can go up to 5E or 6E (depends on the supplier) but after double-E the difference is in the height.

I have just had a second appointment with an Orthotist. A pair of insoles were produced with different arch support to try and stop my left foot twisting (and there was another device to try and help with the dropped left foot). I had gone wearing a pair of light (Clarks) and loose shoes - could not even walk in them with the insoles fitted. The Orthotist ripped out the original insoles “you can always stick them back again” and I can see me heading for CosyFeet to get some 5E footware (and they do some light-weight shoes there). The dropped foot device goes under and back through the laces - I have yet to see if it is usable with Velcro fastening shoes, and I am starting to have trouble reaching the laces.

One point of interest is that I was offered exactly no advice on footware by the Orthotist. I did hint by saying that the pair I was wearing were my loosest, but that seemed to go over his head, like my comment about needing a long-handled shoehorn (got a brilliant one from Ikea, that is almost straight). So it’s up to me to figure out how to use the devices that the NHS have provided - wow that really is “patient care”.

Just something else to curse the MonSter for.

Geoff

This is a follow-on to my post of 17th. T took my brand new pair of Othotic insoles, and tried them in every pair of shoes I possess.
They will go into exactly one additional pair, and if they are in, my foot will not go in as well.
So, if I want to wear them to stop my foot from rolling sideways, I can put them in exactly one pair of shoes.
A follow-up appointment from Orthotics will normally come in 4-5 months time, but I can phone for a “more urgent” one and maybe get it quicker.

I can always sideline the insoles and stick with the device to lift my dropping foot.
I can get down to CosyFeet (luckily they are only an hour away by car) and get something larger.

Or, of course, I can bin the lot and carry on dragging my dropped foot.

I rang the Physio who had referred me to Orthotics and to the Healthlink scheme (another product from the Chocolate Fireguard Company), only to find that I have been discharged. So I have had to ask my MS Nurse to refer me all over again (used e-mail so that there is a record of this).

Now I have a Neurologist appointment in three weeks (annual routine session) so I will have someone to lay this lot onto.

Geoff