LDN - bladder problems

Hello everybody !

I have read on here a few folk have taken LDN for bladder related problems.

I have the most awful nerve pain relating to my bladder. I have tried umpteen meds to conrole this , including botox , but none have worked. I have only in the past few days started phenytoin, so not sure if this will give any relief yet. Neuro has said this is the last thing he can give me !! So, i really need this to work.

Was LDN given to you specifically for bladder probs?

What does it do?

How does/did it help?

keep smiling

Cath x

hi catherine angela

LDN has many benefits and a happy extra is the benefit to your bladder.

good luck

carole x

hi Carole, can I ask what type of bladder problems did you have. Also, who decided you should go on it ?

thanks Carole

keep smiling

Cath x

hi catherineangela

i decided to go on it. the neuros weren’t interested.

gp couldn’t prescribe either so i saw a private doctor who prescribed it.

after 12 months my gp agreed to prescribe because i had been doing well.

don’t know if there are other options

good luck

carole x

cheers Carole , i think i’ll run it past my gp. really in need of help with the bladder /nerve problem.

keep smiling

cath x

Cath, lf your GP will not prescribe LDN - it is easy to get by joining emed - online private prescriptions. All you need is a letter from your GP - or MS Nurse if you have one - confirming that you have MS. Most of us on LDN have had to do this. The neuro l saw was all for it - and Sativex - which l do get on nhs.

Not only will LDN help with your bladder - it also helps in so many other ways. Less fatigue/ no brain fog - more energy and a real ‘feel good factor’. Puts you in a better state of mind to help cope with MS symptoms.

l have taken it for several years - and my MS has not progressed - in fact l am so much better on it. l do not take any other meds - except vitd3/b12 magnesium omega 3 and now D-Phenylalanine.

1 Like

Thank you space jacket. That’s good to know. I will need to look further into it too. Keep smiling Cath x

My gp agreed to let me try it then said no as it isn’t approved for Ms so ordered it privately waiting for it to arrive, I want it for bladder/bowels, today I am very constipated so I am praying this helps me.

Thanks Alysea, i’m going to ask my doc about this.

hope you get some releif soon

keep smiling

cath x