jerks

Hiya,

I am suffering with what I can only describe as jerks. It feels like it starts off in the middle of my back where the muscles tense up. At times my legs just seems to jump. I get this in my neck too, where my head jerks.

Also getting in my hands , wrists, arms too now.

I get woken up by it. Thankfully not painful at moment but the whole thing just goes me. Horrible feeling.

Does anyone know the best meds to ask GP for?

Seeing him today hopefully so would appreciate any swift answers.

thanks again

tc

Anna x

Hi,

I take amitriptyline for my jerks. I started off with 25mg but needed it to be increased to 50mg. I take it during the evening and a side effect is drowsiness so it also helps me have a lovely sleep!

Hope you get what you need and that it helps -jerks are horrible!

Sarah x

[quote=“SUNSPIRITS”]

Hiya,

I am suffering with what I can only describe as jerks. It feels like it starts off in the middle of my back where the muscles tense up. At times my legs just seems to jump. I get this in my neck too, where my head jerks.

Also getting in my hands , wrists, arms too now.

I get woken up by it. Thankfully not painful at moment but the whole thing just goes me. Horrible feeling.

Does anyone know the best meds to ask GP for?

Seeing him today hopefully so would appreciate any swift answers.

thanks again

tc

Anna x

[/quote] Hi, i know how you feel,my latest jerk is my head shooting forward as if i was going to head butt someone or thing( AKA Glasgow kiss)

As i am originaly from Glasgow folk think its for real i also have a tick in my left eye that started today(it looks like i am winking at folk )

You got to laugh or you would cry. Sorry i cant help you but a problem shared is a problem halfed so they say

kind regards John

I get like a sudden shiver through my body which is like a jerk sometimes. Sounds a bit similar.

Hi,

I get the twitches and jerks too at random which vary rom hilarious to annoying. I take Baclofen for spasticity but it doesn’t seem to do much for the jerking twitches. I have found magnesium helpful for this though.

Belinda

Hi Anna,

I used to jerk all the time but was put on Clonazepam and Keppra and now I only rarely get them.

Hope this helps, as I know how embarrassing it can be,

Janet x

I jerk a lot, mostly when relaxed on sofa or in bed.

My kids rate them out of ten, the 11 year old even made a powerpoint explaining how to rate them - 10 has a picture of kangaroos next to it, cheeky madam!