is this slight foot drop?

Hi I am not dx… indeed according to the neurologist i saw i. Dec during a hospital admission my symptoms were virus or stress!! Anyway been having ongoing pain in spine, recurrent uti, pins and needles in legs, reduced sensation in toes and so on. Over the last week i have noticed my left foot when sitting or lying is at a completely different angle to my right. Yesterday i became aware when walking in bare feet in the house that i was scuffing the carpet slightly. It is not full on drop foot and i can still feel my foot, albeit in pain and sometimes my toes go a bit numb. I found it was hard to use the clutch in the car earlier as it hurt my foot on movement. Also when i was in hospital they got me to walk on tip toes and heels which i could do then but now my left foot wont do it. Just wondered if this is the start of foot drop or would it normally be more pronounced? Thanks for reading x

Hi,

I have been wondering the same thing too. I don’t have symptoms of the foot completely dropping when lying flat, but I do have a feeling that something isnt right in that leg/foot. I recently realised I cant lift the front of my foot properly when I try and walk on my heels. I have been seeing an osteopath and she said my dorsiflexor was weak. I looked this up and sure enough is linked with drop foot. She is doing some work on my calf muscles this week, to see if that helps improve things, but if not, she wants me to visit the GP and let them know because it would in all likelihood indicate something neurological going on.

Why not visit your GP and let them know about it? Or perhaps you could seek help from someone like an osteopath or private physio or even podiatrist? It may be that you can get it assessed, and then approach your doctor with more information/authority?

I spoke to my osteopath first because a) she nicer to me and trusts what I say b) I felt going to the GP with “I have seen an osteopath and she has advised me to see you regarding this issue that she feels may well be neurological” is more likely to be taken seriously (I too have had my symptoms put down to stress by a neuro and it sucks).

But I am no expert… good luck :slight_smile:

Leah

Hi,

I have been wondering the same thing too. I don’t have symptoms of the foot completely dropping when lying flat, but I do have a feeling that something isnt right in that leg/foot. I recently realised I cant lift the front of my foot properly when I try and walk on my heels. I have been seeing an osteopath and she said my dorsiflexor was weak. I looked this up and sure enough is linked with drop foot. She is doing some work on my calf muscles this week, to see if that helps improve things, but if not, she wants me to visit the GP and let them know because it would in all likelihood indicate something neurological going on.

Why not visit your GP and let them know about it? Or perhaps you could seek help from someone like an osteopath or private physio or even podiatrist? It may be that you can get it assessed, and then approach your doctor with more information/authority?

I spoke to my osteopath first because a) she nicer to me and trusts what I say b) I felt going to the GP with “I have seen an osteopath and she has advised me to see you regarding this issue that she feels may well be neurological” is more likely to be taken seriously (I too have had my symptoms put down to stress by a neuro and it sucks).

But I am no expert… good luck :slight_smile:

Leah

Hi, thanks for the reply. Its not total foot drop but i am actually seeing a neurologist on tuesday anyway but wasnt sure if it was neurological related or muscular. I am sure he will set me straight!