insurance

Has anyone taken out any mortgage protection or critical illness cover since being DX?

Any advice where’s best or how expensive its going to be?

Hi - I’m in the process now of trying to get life insurance and critical illness cover but haven’t completed the full questionnaires yet, so don’t know what the final price would be. I’d be interested to see if anyone else replies though to see what they say.

Dan

Could you let me know how you get on? Which insurance companies are you looking at, the normal ones?

My mortgage advisor recommended Aviva. I’ve also got in touch with the MS Society’s insurance service & have got a big form to fill in for that, which to be honest I’m putting off filling in simply because filling forms isso dull : )

Dan

Hi I had critical illness cover with scottish widows which i took out before diagnosis. I now have a claim going through however I have no cover for my mortgage as I was under investigation when I got my mortgage. Since I have been diagnosed I can’t get cover for my mortgage. If anyone knows of anyone who gives cover please share!

I really need a good critical illness cover or something. As I have just joined my pension scheme at work, and I won’t be able to claim ill health retirement pension if its linked to my ms

I have just gone through two critical illness claims, and if you have or have , ever had the slightest hint of MS I’m afraid you’ll be wasting your time & money , they are ruthless with there investigations. Gray

I got the keys to my house 3 months ago and still haven’t been able to find any mortgage insurance. I know I won’t get critical illness cover so have up applying. I would still like to get life insurance if this is possible so I know if I’m no longer here the mortgage is paid! Any help would be appreciated x

Hi Lindsey,

Sorry, I’m a bit confused by this. In the vast majority of cases, a critical illness policy is taken out when applying for a mortgage with the payout amount normally being the amount of the mortgage so that it’s paid off. I don’t understand why your mortgage isn’t covered by your CIC policy…?