im so sorry

I was staying out of this, but I find this post absolutely offensive. THIS is a personal attack and a cowardly one at that. If you are going to have a go at someone, at least have the courage to put your name to it.

And if you are the same anon who claims to only have been here for two days, then how on earth would you have managed to form such an opinion of woblyboy so quickly, never mind have failed to notice the dozens of helpful and supportive threads that are the norm on this forum?

Must admit i have the same view as the last thread this one is related too. Which is now gone. Maybe we are getting too policed, but personal attacks are wrong, and have no place here. Just like the one aimed at me further up in this thread. We are adults people, I like Bob Dylan songs but I imagine most hate them, isn’t that what makes us human/individual?

p.s.

I have met the most caring and helpful people on this forum. So much good comes from here, I don’t want anyone to miss out.

The crucial thing here is that Vicki didn’t mean to cause offence in any way, like a lot of us she is simply so frustrated and scared for genuine disabled people and needy people who may get crucial benefits cut. Unfortunately, I don’t think even such a strongly worded letter would do anything to turn the goverments policies on this issue. They are hell bent on getting the defecit down and while I do think the benefit system needs a severe shake up, they’re simply going about it in a gun - ho way by employing such companies as ATOS who really don’t have a clue and are just geared up to meet targets given to them so they get paid their dues. I don’t claim any kind of benefit at present but I’ve no idea how bad this ms is going to affect me and I’m quite scared that there will no help in the future. I’m afraid that I voted Lib Dem in the last election but because of the coalition they have failed me miserably and they will never get the chance to govern on their own. I get most angry when I hear about illegal immigrants who are then given the chance to stay in Britain, bring their families over, get a house, refuse jobs offered to them and claim every benefit under the sun. That really does not seem morally right when some of our OAP,s are making a decision whether to eat or stay warm.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop the he said/she said stuff. I’ve had people asking to have posts removed because they caused upset, and people upset at the post being removed.

As a Moderator I don’t want anyone to leave - but neither do I want to see people sniping at one another. A good old debate is marvellous but the sort of comments I had to deal with when my children were toddlers is very annoying.

So PLEASE PLAY NICE or the naughty step will be packed.

Liz [Moderaror]

Just about to put the same as the mod!

P.S The website associated with the letter is generally vile and am glad the moderators do not allow such on here!

So much hate today, not the norm for this forum. I would be happy to keep the first thread up, but goes to show we all have different views (which is great). This naughty step is cosy

It is not he said she said, think for a little while, and read between the lines as to why Vicki found that letter that she posted. Think about her reaction to being attacked in such a manner, and think about where her mind is at now? I thought I had found a happy place to share some thoughts, moans, worries, and hear advice. In this I was correct, but this episode has tarnished my view. So unless the attacker has some hidden information that will justify his attack then I too will not share a space with such manners. life for us is difficult already without being bullied by those we turn to for comfort in our distress. Paul

Paul,for a while now there have been various posts appearing that reckon that all benefits will be shredded and it makes for a vey bleak future.Her post yesterday was a spoof,supposedly,but people were killing themselves because of benefit cuts,and a suicide pack was introduced.

She admitted that she hadnot thought about the possible implications for distressed vulnerable folk on here.It’s called empathy,and everytime anybody posts on here they need to think of all possible meanings for all readers.In seven years on this and the old site I have not seen such a series of fatalistic,negative posts and never a spoof post about disabled people committing suicide…I HAVE NEVER ATTACKED AN INDIVIDUAL, but thought that her post needed removing.Turns out I wasn’t alone.

Oh if you want hidden information,see if you can find an information booklet issued by the MS Society which went into some detail about the newly diagnosed committing suicide.I’m talking 12 years ago,but it has always stuck in my tiny mind.

Woblyboy, Sorry, I can’t call you by name, I looked for it at the end of your post but maybe your “grandfather” status exonerates you from such trivialities. I will agree with you about content sensitivity, I will agree with you about the lack of wisdom in posting what seems to be very insensitive material, what I fail to agree with is the treatment of (I presume) another MS sufferer who without malice but with lack of judgement posted something that was unsuitable to this site. Unless I am mistaken and she fits into the “come and get your fake passports here” fake member category, then she should have been treated with a little more respect and explained why her post was unacceptable. So, with respect to you, as you have seen so much in your twelve years, one would expect a more balanced approach to another in our circle. Regards Paul

[quote=“efb”]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop the he said/she said stuff. I’ve had people asking to have posts removed because they caused upset, and people upset at the post being removed.

As a Moderator I don’t want anyone to leave - but neither do I want to see people sniping at one another. A good old debate is marvellous but the sort of comments I had to deal with when my children were toddlers is very annoying.

So PLEASE PLAY NICE or the naughty step will be packed.

Liz [Moderaror]

[/quote] yeh but no but

This is the first time I’ve read such a good article, really very good los angeles injury attorney I hope there still can continue to read such a good article. My buddy and I had been just discussing this particular topic, This is always attempting to prove me incorrect! I am going to present her this particular blog post and rub it in a little.