If this is the case why are we been targetted??

You’re disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities. The Equality Act 2010 doesn’t apply to Northern Ireland - find out more on NI Direct… What ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ mean ‘substantial’ is more than minor or trivial - eg it takes much longer than it usually would to complete a daily task like getting dressed ‘long-term’ means 12 months or more - eg a breathing condition that develops as a result of a lung infection There are special rules about recurring or fluctuating conditions, for example, arthritis. For more details about the special rules download the ‘Equality Act Guidance’. Download ‘Equality Act Guidance’ (PDF, 789KB) Progressive conditions A progressive condition is a condition that gets worse over time. People with progressive conditions can be classed as disabled. However, you automatically meet the disability definition under the Equality Act 2010 from the day you’re diagnosed with HIV infection, cancer or multiple sclerosis.

were being targetted because the government have decided to break there promises they made to us and basically punish us for being disabled, they cut the services we need to help us so they can tell everyone we have become more independant therefore we no longer need helping, so thats why they cut the money we have and force us to go through demeaning assesments for some moron to tell us were not disabled and theres nothing wrong with us all because the government handed a contract to a corrupt company on the condition they kick as many ppl off disability benefits as possible to make themselves look good

had enuf of this lying government targetting us, looks like ill be doing some homework to kick there butts with, it needs ppl to fite back who are actually in our positions who know what its like and who cant be corrupted or silenced by these jokers

I totally agree, they want to try living our life I love not been able to get out of bed because I can’t feel my legs, eat my food with my fingers sometimes because I can’t hold a knife & fork the list is endless!! It’s WRONG so WRONG on so many levels

u wanna read the post i just left under…erm is this right, i can see these letters coming soon

I just read it, I can’t believe this is happening I have a neighbour who is an alcoholic and just been diagnosed with alcohol dimentia, social services are helping him to get every benefit going inc ESA and DLA his condition is self inflicted our isn’t I didn’t ask for MS. Maybe we should all turn in to Alki’s!!

the amount of medication im on i think ill go down the druggy route lol, ill get more help n money

That’s true either Alki or druggie will qualify you!!! xx

druggy it is then, ill go down the jcp 2morow with a spliff in my mouth fallin over the place and tell em i need more money to buy more druggys lol

Hi, yeh and when I recently asked for more funding for extra, much needed care, I didnt bother persuing my claim, as I was told i may lose some of my existing care funding.

if I could manage with less, why the chuff would I be asking for more? For pity`s sake!

luv Pollx

mums been told the same thing, they are cutting funding for you to get extra help, they are introducing a new care provider , if you want to stay with your exsisting carer then you have to pay the difference, so if you need help they tell you no chance and when you get used to the same carer for years then they tell you that you have to pay the difference instead of going for a stranger that has no idea about your needs and will not do what you need them to do, how fair is that? now why do i get the impression that disabled ppl are being punished for being disabled? i cant think WHY i get that idea at all

i think it’s awful, we are being treated like second class citizens. i am really dreading 2013, cos things are only going to get worse. wish we could make the government listen to us. We are being punished for being ill and disabled, it’s not right xxx

Why don’t they target the people that really are taking the piss? We have someone who lives on our street never worked in her life got two kids to 2 different partners, she gets her rent paid, income support and 25% CT reduction. She has a fella who lives with her who works FT and she works in the local chippy 2 nights cash in hand!! Where is the justice? I always worked from the age of 13 all be it on a Saturday. But once I left full time education I worked full time & damn bloody hard at that, it wasn’t until I was diagnosed with MS that I had to give up - really was impossible for me to hold down a job. IT STINKS

because its easier to target those more vunerable as they know they can make it as difficult as possible to get help therefore we should be more greatful to the government as we get minor amounts of help in the first place, they do the very bare minimum, expect us to be greatful then turn around and tell us that they will stop the help that we need, if we still want help then we must pay for it from the pittance we get