how many of you suffer with bowel and bladder feel so alone

Im really struggling right now my bowel.doesnt work i cannot empty it yet get incontinent at night sometimes…im not constipated just cant push it out then it backs up causing obstructions my bowel dr is useless…i have just started peristeen and i cant believe its cone to this…it has helped a bit but also hurts and makes me wee a lot as well when ive alteady got a bad bladder…just fed up of the bowel pain…anyone similar…i can cope not walking and the pain elsewhere but my bowrls the worst…

Yoiu are not alone - I have problems with bladder and bowels as well. With my bowels I get impacted (I cant get it out so it stays bunged up inside me). So I have to strain really had which causes pain and bleeding. My GP gave me Movicol to help the bowels - it help a bit. With my bladder I have urgency - when I feel the need to go, I have to go straight away or risk an embarrasing ‘accident’. A full bowel puts extra pressure on your bladder. For my bladder my GP gave me vesicare, after I had seen the contenence nurse.

Take care

Anne

Hi anne im on vesicare have been for seven years now…i tried movicol but for some reason it made me wee a lot after taking it helped only a little with bowels but going to try it again…i get clogged up all the time…has your nurse mentioned peristeen to you?..ive used it since thursday and it has helped whether it will continue i dont know…i wee loads and once it starts it doesnt stop but not as bad as before vesicare…worst is at night…bowels and bladder horrible it disrupts everything i like you syrain with has caused bad hemmoroifs and fissures…fed up of it x x x

Hi anne im on vesicare have been for seven years now…i tried movicol but for some reason it made me wee a lot after taking it helped only a little with bowels but going to try it again…i get clogged up all the time…has your nurse mentioned peristeen to you?..ive used it since thursday and it has helped whether it will continue i dont know…i wee loads and once it starts it doesnt stop but not as bad as before vesicare…worst is at night…bowels and bladder horrible it disrupts everything i like you syrain with has caused bad hemmoroifs and fissures…fed up of it x x x

I have terrible problems with my bowels have done for about three years, I get very windy.

I need to go and get bunged up but there is no stimulation to help me push and I can’t push. :frowning:

I have been told is psycological. so fed up about it makes me feel so poorly.

Hi,you should try OXY TABS. Pricey from Amazon.Take a magazine into the bog ,you’ll be there some time.First time I used it,there was holly and bits of tinsel

Happy hunting,

Wb

Hi u have bowel and bladder trouble too - I have been using peristeen for 2yrs although it does help I still need to take strong laxs the night before too which gives painful cramps and nausea feeling. Awful symptom to have as it takes over - u should try ducolax or ask gp about peristeen - hope u get sorted !!