How hard do you find reading a book?

Pam I had exactly the same issue with finding skirts. I found with the hot weather my trousers and shorts become really uncomfortable, it feels like there’s sandpaper in every seam and they’re all rubbing my poor sensitive legs. I went into the market and they had some really thin loose cotton dresses. I think they’re supposed to go over swimming costumes but I don’t care, they’re the best investments I’ve made in ages and my two friends who were with me liked them so much they got one each too. I bought a couple of dresses with elasticated bodices which are in fashion now but found when it’s really hot my back becomes really sensitive and itchy in them. Good luck with your hunt. This illness makes us really fussy customers doesn’t it?

Cath xx

Hi Cath

You have hit the nail on the head, at the moment trousers or shorts touching my legs really hurts, where they are so sensitive.

I do have two cotton dresses, but wanted a skirt, could not believe it would prove so difficult, the only ones I could see were about 10 inches long!

Pam x

Pam I’ve just been going through my fabric hoard and seen a couple of pieces I’m planning on transforming into dresses. I’ve gone off skirts since I got fat as they seem to emphasize all my lumps and bumps. Dresses hide everything.

I wish you luck in your quest.

Cath xx

Likewise Cath, I live in maxi dresses…not clingy …hide all the lumps and bumps, simply cannot cope with waistbands these days. Just ordered some kaftans, hoping they will be cooler than my maxis! Been looking for years for some but as you say Cath we get mega fussy…they always seem to be very bright and very patterened and typically I wanted plain ones…fingers crossed they will be ok. Probably be freeezing by the time they arrive!! Nina x

[quote=“kevadams”]

Ruth and I both have our own Kindles, but they were both bought from my Amazon account, and all our books are bought through that account. We can choose which Kindle to download them to, but we both of us can still access all the books we have bought in total, via the ‘Archived Books’ option. I think that’s the trick- two Kindles on the same account.

There may be a way to share with other Kindle readers, I haven’t found it. (Haven’t tried very hard, must confess.)

[/quote] I have my iPad synced to my kindle and I’m sure my friend and her husband have their kindles synced. Unfortunately I can’t remember how I did it. I will ask about and let you know if I find out or remember… I fall asleep now when reading so have to keep back tracking, which isn’t as easy with a kindle as it is with a book, there Is probably an easy way but I have yet to learn it. I forget character names and their connection to other characters, I keep trying though as reading has always been a passion of mine. I prefer a paperback to a kindle but as others have said I find it difficult to hold now so tend to only read off my kindle or iPad. Jan x Ps I believe there is a way to loan a book from kindle to kindle but again I don’t know how… Not much help am I !

I think my friend has all the equipment in her home in her name so when she downloads something it goes to all I.e both kindles are in her name and they are synced so books are on both.

Most of the books I enjoy or want to read are too fat to hold comfortably for any length of time, so I do most of my reading on a kindle these days. It has the added bonus of lightening the load of reading matter when I’m travelling: one kindle instead of two or three books!

As for clothes, online shopping is a godsend. I know what size I am for the chains whose high street branches I used to visit, but now that getting to them is more hassle I do most of my clothes shopping online instead. Much less stressful than dealing with crowds, noise, walking long distances etc.