firstly i would like to wish a happy new year to one and all and hope everyone had a lovely christmas in their own special way. mine of choice involved cooking dinner whilst listening to both comedy on 4 extra and my wife and/or kids either playing games or doing their thing. it was great, and especially meant a lot cooking as this was my first xmas with ms. we even managed to get some more veggies down youngest son’s throat which is an achievement especially as he’s ‘allergic’ to them.
secondly just chewing the cud, but i have just applied for my blue badge (well, been asked to send in photos as final part of application), but quite confident that i will be refused judging by the experience of others on our beloved site. some boring background in case interested- i was dx in august, work full time, walk everywhere with a crutch (except indoor at home) including at work in all places. am on rebif (for 6 weeks @ 44) and betahistine. i was advised to have and am having vitamins D (5000 iu) and B12 (2000 ui). however, i need to get back to ‘normal’ working timetable i.e. eat and drink more sensibly. it was christmas after all!
thirdly, as promised in the title, some jokes. i think it is quite inoffensive and hope none is taken:
- what sickness does bruce lee get every winter? kung flu
- inside a fire hydrant you find h2O but what does one find outside a fire hydrant? K9P
- a man goes into a psychiatrist’s office, dressed only in clingfilm. the psychiatrist says “well i can clearly see you’re nuts.”
- two fish in a tank- one says to the other “how do you drive this thing?”
- a tray of muffin tins in an oven is being baked. one muffin turns to another and says, “man, it’s really getting hot in here.” second muffin responds, “**** me, a talking muffin!”
- a tortoise truck and a terrapin truck crashed… it was a turtle disaster
- a pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his crotch. the bartender looks at him and says, “hey pirate, why have you got that steering wheel in your crotch?” the pirate says, “arr, it’s driving me nuts”
- a neutron walks into a bar. the barkeep says “for you, no charge.”
- Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. he also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. this made him…a super-calloused fragile mystic vexed by halitosis.
- what’s ET short for? little legs.
all the best, fluffyollie x