Hey Peeps I'm Back

Hi Everone,

Hope you are all doing as well as can be expected. Had my op’ and unfortunately it hasn’t been as good as the other one. My right hand still hasn’t got all the feeling back but apparently it can take 6/8 weeks to recover completely but I’ve missed you guys so here I am typing with one hand.

Janet

x

Hi Janet, lovely to see you back. Hope your hand improves with time, will pm you tomorrow and fill you in with my ongoing bladder saga ! Love Karen xxx

Hi Janet Glad to see you back. I had to use my left hand last year when my right packed up for several months… I got quite nifty with it : ) Hope your hand recovers soon. Mish x

Hi Jan, sorry to hear the op didnt go as well as you hoped.

Glad to have you back, hun.

luv Pollx

Thanks for the welcome back, it’s nice to know I was missed.

Mish, I keep pressing the wrong keys and it’s driving me up the wall, but like you I am getting quicker even though I have to go back and correct words.

Janet

x

Hi Janet.

Nice to see you back.

Take care

Debbie xx

Thanks Debbie, I feel as though I’ve come home.

Janet

x

Hi Janet, did you have carpal Tunnel surgery? if so I had it 2 years ago and it took a good 12 weeks before it started to improve I had quite a bit of pain acfross the back of my hand after the op for quite a few weeks after and then weekness for for several more weeks. Its now better than it was but still havent got full strength in it. Hope you feel better soon

Kim

Hi Janet, did you have carpal Tunnel surgery? if so I had it 2 years ago and it took a good 12 weeks before it started to improve I had quite a bit of pain acfross the back of my hand after the op for quite a few weeks after and then weekness for for several more weeks. Its now better than it was but still havent got full strength in it. Hope you feel better soon

Kim

Hello and welcome home on both fronts.

Is the hand you are less pleased with your dominant hand? If it is it might just be you expected more from it than you did the other one.

As Kim says early days yet.

Take care

Pip

hi kim and pip, thanks for your replies. yes it was carpal tunnel and yes it is my dominant hand. i’m afraid i expected it to go the same as when i had the other hand done which i got the feeling back straight away and was quite shocked that it felt no different. the feeling is slowly coming back ad it’s not been four weeks yet so i’ll just have to be patient. this time i’ve had awful pains shoot up my arm and across the palm of my hand. i’ll just wait and hope it improves more if it doesn’t then it’s back to the surgeon but i’m sure it won’t come to that.

once again pip and kim thank you.

janet

x

p.s. ii’m not using my right hand just my left hence no capitals so i apologise for that.

Hi Janet, Nice to see you back. Hope the hand improves so that you can use it properly again. Teresa xx

thanks teresa it’s good to be back.

janet

xx

Hi Janet, its deffinately a case of Patience im afraid for those few weeks i was half regreting having it done and it seemed like it would never improve, Im supposed to get my left hand done but a bit unsure so the surgeon gave me an open appointment and said when im ready to let him know. Take it easy im sure you will soon be back to using capitals

Kim

Hi and welcome back. Sorry to hear the operation didn’t go well.

Hi Janet,

Nice to see you back,

Mary xxxxxx

hi kim, my op’ on the other hand was really good had the feeling back straight away, so you may be lucky with the other one as well, just don’t let it get to bad.

thanks sassylife, i’m sure with time it will be fine [i hope]

hi mary, it’s good to be back and chat to you all again.

janet

xxxx

Hi Janet, welcome back, sorry things aren’t as good as you hoped, I’ve no experience of this kind of thing but hopefully things will get better for you in the next weeks. Btw, you are doing well typing one handed. Cheryl:-)

hi cheryl, thanks for the compliment, if you could see the number of times i have to correct my spelling, but i was getting so fed up just knowing my laptop was jusy sitting there doing nothing that i thought i’d try left handed, not only that i missed everyone.

janet

x

Am absolutely furious with myself for getting distracted the other day and then forgetting to say hello, welcome back! Better late than never??? So…

HELLO! And welcome back :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear it didn’t go as well as hoped. Fingers crossed it keeps improving though.

Karen x