How long will it take

Hello,

I need to know if anyone has experienced what I am going through at the moment. I have partial paralysis in my left arm and hand. I have a painful numbing sensation on my last 2 fingers with no grip in the fingers at all. the numbness is under my wrist and arm. I have other symptoms which I can cope with. It’s my hand and arm that I am struggling with. I have had this and been off work for 2 months. I’ve had the steroid tablets over a month a go which has helped with my toes and my walking. I am on strong pain killers to help with the pain but i’m in my 9th week now and getting very frustrated. My work has been very good with me as I am now trying to work a couple of hours in the morning and at home. Although my GP had wanted to sign me off again, he has agreed in me going back part time with reviews every 2 weeks. I keep being told by my GP that this will wear off but when and how? I understand relapses can be approx 6 weeks? I am currently waiting to see my consultant and I have been told this is a major relapse.

I was diagnosed in 2012 but having to start from scratch again and this is my first major relapse. I also don’t know anyone who has this disease and my GP recommended I come back here. Hands up, when i first registered on here back in 2012, I was in denial and I had been ignoring what was going on with my body. I thought i could carry on as normal. I now feel isolated. I have a great partner who is very supportive but I don’t want to burden him.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. x

There really is no way to say how long before things really improve. sadly, they might not :frowning: It is different with everybody, you could go back to the way you were before the relapse, things will be fine, or they wont. sad fact of the disease :frowning: there is no time frame to stick to either way, things will happen when they do. going to talk to your consultant is a good idea, they might be able to give you a better answer or suggestion for help

My last relapse I couldnt use left arm or hand or fingers well . Every day i did exercises just tapping every finger onto that hands thumb. At first I was very slow and really had to think but although the arm, hand is slightly weaker now its not noticable. Might be worth trying anything is worth ago xx good kuck