Help with swimming

Hi, my name’s Margaret and I was diagnosed in 1986. I have a specific problem which I’d like help with. I want to go swimming at the Haddington pool once a week on Wednesday afternoons, 2-4 pm. I need help in the changing room with hoisting and changing, so need 2 people trained in handling. In the pool I only need one person, mainly to help me onto the chair to get out. This person would get a free swim as I don’t need much help in the water.
I do hope someone can help me as I’m desperate to return to swimming.
Thanks

I’ve been to a couple of disabled swim sessions at my local leisure centre. I’ve done my own stuff but from what I could tell, the less able participants had brought carers with them. The leisure centre staff are lifeguards, though your local centre may take a different approach. However, if you hoisting & changing, how would you get to the centre?

Thanks for your reply. I used to go by myself when I could still transfer. Now I live in a care home 5 minutes from the pool. For 2 months they provided carers but are now saying they don’t have the staff which is why I’m searching for help in the changing room. I get there on my power chair.
If you have any ideas please let me know.
Thanks
Margaret