Help please, could I have MS?

Hi, I’ve been poorly for over a year now. It started with my migraines getting worse more frequent and painful, Then I started going dizzy and losing balance. In November 2013 I was off from work because all my body started to hurt and I became exhausted to the point I couldn’t get out of bed. In March 2014 my doctor said I had fibromyalgia and gave me Gabapentin. I’m still off work because of the pain, brain fog, exhaustion. Things haven’t got any better the right hand side of my body is more painful, my eyesight has got worse but only in my right eye, I’m having hot flushes, pins and needles in my hands and feet, feel weaker in the right hand side of my body, still falling over/losing balance, I’m having small muscle spasms and started to shake. Just got back for explaining this to my doctor, who told me to take some painkillers and come back in 4weeks if I’m no better!!! I don’t know who to turn to for help and wondered if anyone here could help please!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read, sorry about my spelling!

Helen

Sounds like you need to see a new Dr. He seems to be convinced it Fibromyalgia, which can cause brain fog and aching all over. But loss of balance etc is not Fibro. Try and see another Dr if you can. If you can’t see another Dr, just insist on a referral to aNeurologist. Xx

Sounds like you need to see a new Dr. He seems to be convinced it Fibromyalgia, which can cause brain fog and aching all over. But loss of balance etc is not Fibro. Try and see another Dr if you can. If you can’t see another Dr, just insist on a referral to aNeurologist. Xx

Thanks, I’ll try see another doctor but might have to pay private to see a Neurologist!

Are you in the UK? I hope it gets sorted out soon. Don’t give up fighting, we’ve all had to do it. There were days when I didn’t think I could be bothered, but I soon got over that and demanded answers. With you every step of the way xx

Thanks again Beverly f!

Yeah I’m in the UK, every time I try to get answers something else happens and I’ve started to think what if the people who think this is all in my head are right?

Don’t know where to go next, should I look for another doctors? Can’t seem to think properly

Well, if you’re not happy with how you’re being dealt with, I’d definately get another opinion. You could see another Dr at your practise ? Or, register with another dr elsewhere. It’s hard to sort out when you’re not feeling great, maybe someone could go with you? You will get to the bottom of it eventually. Some of us have had to wait for ages, some haven’t. It all depends on how your tests come back, but this all starts with a referral from your Dr. You could just ask for a referral from your Dr and see what happens. But if your Dr won’t do this, I’d see another Dr. I don’t think it’s all in your head, there’s obviously something going on. It may not be MS, there are quite a few conditions that mimic MS, so please try not to worry it’s MS at the moment. Xxxx