Help choking and spasms...MS or Fibro???

Hello all. I’ve been dx with fibro for 7 years. However new. Symptoms have left me scared and confused.

1: I breathe food in when trying to swallow. Subsequently to the last episode of this I have a nasty chest infection.

2: I’ve woken up the last 2 days with what doctor dx as spasms. My head was pulled down to the left and my shoulder had been pulled forward due to spasms. Now I looked rather odd and it was excrutiatingly painful and took 2 days and masses of diazepam and other pain relief to release it.

Now as far as I’m aware fibro does not cause body distorting spasms such as these. Anyone have any advice on wether these violent spasms are associated more with MS? Also swallowing difficulties is not associated with fibro either. Again if anyone has advice as to wether this could be an MS symptom?

was told I may have MS before got dx for fibro after brain only MRI. I have issues walking, slurring speech, difficulties with sensations of numbness, cold patches etc amongst many other odd symptoms.

I suppose what what im asking is has anyone had similar experiences to the above who has an ms dx??

many thanks xxx

Hi, I’d say that the best thing to do would be to see your GP & ask to be referred back to a neuro for further tests. A neuro is the only person that might be able to answer your questions concerning MS.

Good luck, let us know how you get on

Rosina x