Hello there, my name's James!

Hello, my name is Jimbo. A very skinny, short 24 year old. I was first diagnosed with Relapsing/resubmitting MS back in 2019 and only now have grown up the courage to properly begin treatment. With the start of my journey I am very scared and have many questions. I hope this will help me in finding many answers I have about my condition as I don’t know anyone personally who suffers from the same problem.

1 Like

Hello Jimbo,

I hoe you are developing a support network of family / friends and medics.
Another useful site might be https://shift.ms/

All the best Mick

1 Like

Welcome! We are a nice bunch and lots of help on here. It’s amazing. I am still waiting on diagnosis so very new like you not long joined but take the support. Everyone is really helpful x like you I don’t know anyone with it neither did I understand it and this site has really helped me get my head around what is possibly happening to me. You will be fine

Hello Jimbo

Welcome to the forum. I’m glad you’ve had the courage to join us, and soon to start treatment.

Taking a disease modifying drug/treatment (DMD or DMT) is the very best way to try to control the beast that is MS. Have a look at MS Decisions aid | MS Trust All the available DMDs are on there, when you know what options are being proposed for you, you can compare them and make an informed choice.

As Mick said, another good forum is shift.ms There are a lot of younger people on there so you might find like minded people of a similar age to yourself.

In the meantime, if you have questions and worries, we’ll do our best to help. MS is scary to be dealing with alone.

Sue

2 Likes