Heart problems

Hi everyone , i woke up the other day to a really fast heart rate, it scared me a little, since then my anxiety has been up and down…has anyone else experienced any similar problems

Hello Loulaird

Me too. Palpitations, scared the life out of me before the overactive thyroid was diagnosed. I think Val and I might be the same - the cure for the o/active thyroid caused an underactive thyroid. Much easier to deal with.

Mind you, a while back I thought I was having palpitations when I laid in bed at night, checked my pulse rate (got a pulse/oxygen reader for a few quid from Amazon!) and it was fine. Eventually I realised it wasn’t my heart racing, it was tremors, from deep inside me, so I thought I could feel my heart racing & chest shaking but actually it was a tremor. I started taking Cloneazepam and that sorted it.

Sue

1 Like

If your worried have a chat with your doctor. have you started new tablets. sometimes i get this when i get too hot. once i cool down in bed i feel better. it can be down to anxiety or dreams too. but get it checked if your not sure. x

Had this three times this year.

Felt a “bit odd”, checked BP (OK) and pulse 135 (my norm is 60-64) and rang surgery. They advised phoning 999 NOW - and then I got a ride in the big yellow taxi with the blue lights and the funny horn to the district hospital
Then I got another ride to the big city hospital (mild heart attack suspected) who gave me an angiogram and thought it was a clot in the main outlet from the heart.

The next two only got me as far as the district hospital, but I am now on a beta-blocker to slow the heart-rate down, and it has not happened since.

Could have been a change in medication - and this may have affected my white cell count which is now low. I see lots of blood tests on the horizon.

Geoff

talk to your doctor. It will help determine the cause