hard nails

has anyone else found their finger nails have got really hard? to the point where you cant even bite them off let alone use nail clippers

x

Yes! I put mine down to the steroids I had in August and December, all my fingernails are breaking now so I’m assuming the effects are wearing off

[quote=“moseleygirl”] Yes! I put mine down to the steroids I had in August and December, all my fingernails are breaking now so I’m assuming the effects are wearing off [/quote] im glad im not alone. ive only had steroids once years ago so i cant really put it down to that. but when i was put on vit d and calcium tablets a couple of years ago my finger nails crumbled. i wasnt expecting that to happen! so i stopped taking them and very quickly regained my rock hard nails. odd or what?

Yes my nails are hard and difficult to cut, I don’t know why. I have had steriods over the years but with long gaps in between,and not often, so I don’t think they are the cause for me. I soak mine in warm water to soften them which makes cutting easier,xxjo

No mine are rubbish really weak and splitting all the time!

my nails are really strong and hard. although they are hard to cut i like them long because it helps my rubbish fine motor skills. (like little extensions on my fingers)

i also use marigold gloves if my hands are in water and i’ve started using nail polish again - now thats an activity worth watching! the tourettes starts when i smudge it.