Guide dogs for those with MS

I don’t know if I’veither dreamt this but for some reason I thought someone had told me about guide dogs for those with MS. Does anyone know if this is right and how do I go about getting one?

2 Likes

hi blanche

i met a lady at the ms therapy centre who had two beautiful dogs with her.

she said they were assistance dogs.

however i never asked how she got them and she no longer goes to the ms therapy centre,

i just googled assistance dogs and it came up with a site “dogs for good”.

you can register for one but there is a very long waiting list.

good luck

carole x

1 Like

Yes, I’ve heard of assistance dogs for people with MS.

Not sure how you’d go about finding out about them. Maybe google them.

Jen x

1 Like

jen “Dogs for Good” is the website about assistance dogs.

1 Like

It’s very important to give your dog a lot of attention. For example, I play with mine every day with different toys. He loves the squeaky ones and always tries to rip them apart to get to the squeaker. But this isn’t good for him, so I only let him play with them for a little while. Plus, I goy him different Dog Toy Combo Deals that were very cheap, and he is enjoying them. I am very happy to see my dog full of life and playing in the backyard with the kids. I think that he is one of my best friends.

1 Like

Not sure about guide dogs or assistance dogs, but my dog has been a rock for me through the last few years. She has been my motivation to get up in the morning, my friend I can rely on always (especially to jump in the warm spot I leave on the settee/bed when I get up to do things :P). She is small so walks are not too demanding, and play time is gentle activity for arms and legs.

I don’t know about schemes to get a dog, but I will say this creature has made every day worth getting up for.

2 Likes

Dogs for Good are a UK charity that provide assistance dogs for those with disabilities. They are a wonderful charity. Guide Dogs provide assistance dogs for those who are visually impaired. They also provide buddy dogs for children and young people with a visual impairment.

1 Like

cool!

1 Like