Good blog on going on USA roadtrip with PPMS

This is an interesting blog… have to say I really admire her… don’t think I’d have the guts to do it… MY 2013 ROAD TRIP WITH PPMS | MultipleSclerosis.net Pat xx

Amazing!! Mind you, they aren’t short of dosh, are they? I’d like to know how she dealt with fatigue. Surely they can’t have driven every day? And the distances! I get cramps, spasms and sore bum just going from here to my dad’s in Cambs. I also laughed at the bit about her husband lifting her for transfers. Good for him, but then I pictured my Ruth (5 foot) lifting me (6’ 3" and 16 stone). If only! But definitely fair play to them for getting on and not letting the beast get in the way. Interesting website, Pat, good discovery.

Yes good on 'em but have to say I’d rather stick pins in my eyes!!! Pat xx :slight_smile:

I do agree with you both. Well done to them but physical difficulties aside…how on earth do people deal with fatigue. I have been to lots of lovely places and although there are still places I would like to visit I know that my fatigue is so bad that it is just not worth it …as you say Pat, rather stick pins in my eyes! My last little holiday was nearly three years ago and I paid dearly for that my progression took a nose dive and has never improved. I only went from Herefordshire to Somerset…nothing like a US road trip. Nina x

We had hoped to have a van and travel when the kids had grown gone but MS had different plans sounds great to me good on them I am jealous …Nah I aint coz I dont do jealousy but they is lucky to be able to do it. Heather is always looking at camper vans but we wont ever have one now

Fatigue doesn’t affect everyone to the same extent (it isn’t one if my symptoms), but I’d also guess they worked out their itinerary according to what she can cope with.

I’ve never fancied anything like that but I am not ready to give up travelling yet; having had this year’s holidays, I am now starting to plan next year’s!

[quote=“Mitzi”]

Fatigue doesn’t affect everyone to the same extent (it isn’t one if my symptoms), but I’d also guess they worked out their itinerary according to what she can cope with.

I’ve never fancied anything like that but I am not ready to give up travelling yet; having had this year’s holidays, I am now starting to plan next year’s!

[/quote] We love to travel but I’m scared of it now. That’s sad. We are trying to find ways we can get away and keep me comfortable. It’s a bit hit and miss. If I find we’ve got a difficult bathroom, or a bed that’s difficult to get into, or is uncomfortable, then I’m miserable. Plus the issue of travelling for long stretches of time. I’m most comfortable when I can recline. Kev x