glossary of abbreviations?

Sorry if I am being dim or difficult, but as I am new to EVERYTHING MS, including this website, I was wondering whether there is a glossary of the abbreviations that people are using in their posts? Apologies twice over if you feel that this is posted in the wrong place Anita x

Hi Neets. This is something that Poll (MS43) suggested a while back and that admin agreed would be a good idea. Not quite sure what happened to it though! For now… RRMS = relapsing remitting MS SPMS = secondary progressive MS PPMS = primary progressive MS PwMS = people/person with MS MSer = someone with MS dx = diagnosis LP = lumbar puncture MRI = magnetic resonance image/imagery VEPs = visual evoked potentials EPs = evoked potentials ON = optic neuritis TN = trigeminal neuralgia DMDs = disease modifying drugs LDN = low dose naltrexone HBOT = hyperbaric oxygen treatment OT = occupational therapy WCS = wheelchair services DLA = disability living allowance ESA = employment and support allowance ATOS = a bunch of crooks who assess eligibility for ESA CAB = citizen’s advice bureau hth = hope this helps btw = by the way lol = laugh out loud OH = other half Bound to be more, but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. I’m sure someone will add to this though… Karen x

Let’s add a couple more: TIM = transverse inflammatory myelitis ROTFL = rolling on the floor laughing (often at one of Roisin’s jokes) SWMBO = she who must be obeyed (men only, there is no female equivalent) WTF = as in " I mean, what the **** " or " WTF are you on about ". Very useful for expressing strong disagreement or disbelief. And a lot of the "computer related " acronyms can be de-mystified by a Google search (use ____ definition as a search term). HTH Geoff

rizzo27 wrote:

ATOS = a bunch of crooks who assess eligibility for ESA

:lol: Thank you x

DoctorGeoff wrote:

Let’s add a couple more: TIM = transverse inflammatory myelitis ROTFL = rolling on the floor laughing (often at one of Roisin’s jokes) SWMBO = she who must be obeyed (men only, there is no female equivalent) WTF = as in " I mean, what the **** " or " WTF are you on about ". Very useful for expressing strong disagreement or disbelief. And a lot of the "computer related " acronyms can be de-mystified by a Google search (use ____ definition as a search term). HTH Geoff

Rumpole :lol: :lol: :lol:

rizzo27 wrote:

Hi Neets. ATOS = a bunch of crooks who assess eligibility for ESA

Spat me tea out at this! Nice one Anita x

Guess you could add PMSL… But unfortunately it happens for real once in a while!!! POMS is one I use … P€$¥ off MS And I don’t usually swear, but there is a theme occurring here! Lol :lol: Jo x