getting out and about

Hi gang

I want to run a problem by you and hopefully get some input.

As my avatar suggests I am an avid scooter user but I also have an outdoor powerchair. I used to use a taxi company to get me to social events, drs appointments etc. Without my chair I am not really able to do these things on my own and I like my independence.

The trouble is that now I have moved none of the local taxis have wheelchair accessible vehicles. The nearest is about 8 miles away and they really wont want to come on a 16 mile round trip to take me less than a mile to the GPs. I have investigated car transportable powerchairs and the neatest seems to be the Rascal 321 that splits into just three parts. If I could use this it would go in the boot of a normal car and I could use the local taxis. My worry is that I would be stranded on a pavement with three bits of a powerchair that I couldn’t lift to reassemble. How likely do you think it is that the taxi driver will help me?

Any other suggestions?

Jane

I think the best idea is to sound out your local taxi drivers, to see if they would be prepared to assemble your scooter at the termination of your journey.

I am sure in the present economic climate, you could find one that would be glad of what I assume would be regular custom.

Give it a try, at worst they can say no, but I bet there is more than one that would say yes.

Take care.

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

I know its going to be a bad day when I get out of bed and miss the floor, today is such a day.

I think the best idea is to sound out your local taxi drivers, to see if they would be prepared to assemble your scooter at the termination of your journey.

I am sure in the present economic climate, you could find one that would be glad of what I assume would be regular custom.

Give it a try, at worst they can say no, but I bet there is more than one that would say yes.

Take care.

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

I know its going to be a bad day when I get out of bed and miss the floor, today is such a day.

Sorry there are two posts.

It is this dam web site at fault, not me.

Grrrrrrrrr,

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

Sorry there are two posts.

It is this dam web site at fault, not me.

Grrrrrrrrr,

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

I give up, sod this forum.

Chris R.