Garbage!

Just how much garbage can one person cope with! I’ve got the MS beast, my mobility is lousy. And don’t mention fatigue!

I was discharged by my neurologist years ago! My MS nurse retired and I’ve never been seen by the replacement even though it took about two years to get one!

My long term GP retired last year!

I’ve had to deal with some domestic issues!

I’m stuck in a council tower block! My partner is more like a brother and cannot rise to meet my needs as he’s on the autistic spectrum! And now as he gets older is showing signs of being learning disabled!

I’ve been suffering with insomnia for the last 5 months!

I think my heart is showing signs of serious issues!

And now after being admitted to hospital twice with infections in the last few months he has been diagnosed with a type of leukaemia!

I’ve got no transport and have spent over £300 on taxis to visit him in hospital because I’m the adult in this relationship.

I’ve got no real support!

My home is filthy and I can’t afford a cleaner! He should have been cleaning for years but either can’t do it properly or wouldn’t! And now he can’t!

I’m constantly on edge and stressed! I’m eating myself to death because of it all!

I’m terrified of another MS relapse leaving me even worse off than I already am!

An all too familiar story about lack of support, or even interest from neurologists and MS nurses, not to mention GP’s or anyone else.
If you have a telephone number for the MS nurses try giving them a ring. I’ve not seen an MS nurse in the 18 years since my diagnosis, but if I ring they sometimes call me back. I would have thought if you’re on any medication for MS they’d have maintained contact.
You don’t say if you’re still able to work, or if you’re dependent on benefits.
Contact Social Services, tell them you’re struggling and see if they can offer any help. However care/cleaning visits are means tested, but it’s worth asking.
If you believe you’re getting heart issues you should see a GP.

I’m reaching out to a local cancer support group along with my partner as we’ve just found out his leukaemia is life limiting it’s rare and difficult to treat and if the treatments don’t work out he might only have 18 months, even with the treatment his life expectancy isn’t going to be particularly long and he probably won’t get to pension age (He’s 62)

I’m not on medication for MS as it’s SPMS. we’ve been “on benefits” for a while now. I’m living with a hoarder so social services probably won’t be able to help because they might assess the property as unsafe for their staff. We’re quite private people and have never invited them in to our lives, I don’t think he’s going to ask for outside help from strangers yet but I do keep saying to him that we are going to have to reach out to someone for help, but he’s just not ready yet