Hi All - I like many others here am still in Limbo my journey has been over the last 3 yearss and have seen 3 neuros in this time,
my symptoms are like many others but suffer mostly with muscle pain soreness stiffness legs effected mostly both legs.
I had an MRI of my head about 18 months ago and saw this on screen all clear. Inbetween I was diagnozed with suspected
Chronic Fatigue.... thiss sort of delayed things over the last year but I was referred back to a different neuro about 2 months ago and he has agreed to an MRI of whole spine. I cried such a relief for someone to believe in me. He perscribed Noritriptyline or Gabapentin for muscle pain stiffness. I have taken amitriptyline in the past so know what this feels like and weaned myself of this as felt was effecting my mind to much and not doing a lot for symptoms dont get me wrong I was grateful for it at the time.
I am so undecided about taking gabapentin withoput a proper diagnosis but this may be the way it has to be. To have an easing of daily symptoms would be good - I know not to expect to much though. My MRI is in about 10 days just pondering over whether to wait till I have has this. Gabapentin seems like a bigger investrment than amitriptyline as doc says you have to increase slowly are there any problems in coming of this? She also checked my kdney function to before perscribing..
3 years ago I would have made a decision quickly and precisely but a lot has gone on since then.
Other possible diagnosis are Transverse Myelitis, Fibromyalgia
Any feedback greatly appreciated
Take care - be heathly in 2012