Frustrated/Annoyed/Upset

Got a list of questions and my mum coming with me in case I forget anything lol. Yum to early morning chocolate cake. I’m having some toasted panettone. Look after yourself at work today Reemz and have a lazy day if possible. Axx

Hi everyone,

I too have trouble walking any distance and just wanted to say that using a wheelchair for trips such as into town shopping has totally changed my days out for the better.

I fought against using one for ages, struggling on my feet and days out weren’t much fun. The chair makes it so much easier.

It did take a big mind shift to accept I needed it, but now I find it gives me so much more freedom.

Choc cake sounds like a good plan too! :slight_smile:

I can understand a chair would help…but how has everyone gone from full mobility to starting to use chair as I really cnt imagine using one yet…I’m 26…how old were people when they started using a chair? Larsen I do hope u get some answers soon…I was dx fairly quickly… cnt imagine how it feels to be in limbo… I’m bringing my mum to appoint with my ms nurse tax also…I always forget…

Good luck

Xxxx

I can understand a chair would help…but how has everyone gone from full mobility to starting to use chair as I really cnt imagine using one yet…I’m 26…how old were people when they started using a chair? Larsen I do hope u get some answers soon…I was dx fairly quickly… cnt imagine how it feels to be in limbo… I’m bringing my mum to appoint with my ms nurse tax also…I always forget…

Good luck

Xxxx

Hi Rosex

It was a slow process. I first got a small transport chair that folded up and could be carried like a rucksack. I got it because we were going on a cruise and I knew there was a real possibility that we could be out and about and I might not be able to get back in time.

I then graduated to an old wheelchair we inherited from a relative, before buying my own. I now use it any time I go out. I’m mid forties so a little older than you but still didnt expct to be needing one at this stage in my life! Although I’ve tried not to think about it in terms of age. If I need it, I need it.

Perhaps borrow or hire one so you can see if you think it will help. I also found using it for the first few times where I was unlikely to run into any one I knew made it easier. Daft pride I know!

Hi, you know the answer could just be by using Shopmobility.

I used their services in halifax, Huddersfieled, White Rose, Meadowhall and I could shop for hours and not risk falling, holding others up, or feeling totally cream crackered!

Why not use these facilties…they`re there for the taking.

Dont worry what anyone else thinks…think of yourself and go enjoy shopping once again.

Rosex…I am a lot older than you, but i still think you should try a scooter first…you feel less disabled than in a wheelchair.

I`ve been a full time wheelie for around 10 years now. My wheels are my legs, without them i would be bed and housebound.

I`m not stopping in for anyone.

Nor should you. Poor mobility is just too risky.i`ve had so many bad falls and if I can spare anyone else suffering, I try to convince them that going around on wheels rather than dodgy pins really IS the way to go.

Go on, you know it makes sense!

much luv Pollx