Frazer poorly

Frazers poorly, he’s had to go to the vets they are keeping him in overnight and giving him a drip and antibiotics and an xray of his tummy. I feel so sad and worried, i don’t know whats wrong with him. We went to Glasgow at the weekend and i think he might have ate something out of my sons bin, he keeps being sick and has a high tempreture.

Michelle

Aw, fingers crossed he bounces back nice and quickly. My Mum’s teensy Chi (Ruby) had an overnight stay this week. She’s doing ok now after a steroid infusion, she has a throat problem so is often taking low dose steroids but she was off them and had an immunisation and went downhill very quickly being sick.

I hope Frazer is on the mend equally as quick, it’s just horrible to see animals poorly

Sonia x

2 Likes

Oh Michelle I am so sorry to hear this, and hope that tomorrow brings good news for you. It’s a worry till you know what the problem is, but he is in the best place possible, so although it’s easier said than done, try not to get stressed.

I have everything crossed and both you and Fraser will be in my thoughts

((((hugs))))

Pam x

2 Likes

Could Frazer have eaten something like a ball or a sock that is causing a blockage? That’s quite common but at least will show up on a X-ray. It’s terrible when a pet is taken ill - like a baby, they can’t tell you exactly what’s wrong. When Bert, my lab, was 10 months old he was suddenly taken seriously ill like Frazer and had to stay overnight at the vets. It was just before Christmas and we thought we were going to lose him. He was in on 22/23 December and was desparately ill until late Christmas Eve. Christmas morning he was a bit weak but generally bouncing around so we spent the morning and on the beach playing with him. Best Christmas EVER but not one we want to do again!

3 Likes

Bert and Daisy send their love to Frazer and want to tell him that they have their paws crossed for him. (2 posts because using my phone to send this and long posts a no-no!)

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear Frazer is poorly Michelle, I do hope you have good news from the vet today. Let us know how he’s doing,

Take Care,

Nina x

3 Likes

Get well soon frazer

3 Likes

Oh poor Frazer and poor you!!!

Hope he’s ok and you have him back home soon.

Please let us know when you have news.

Thinking of you and Frazer,

Pat xx

3 Likes

Some friends who came to dinner -last night - usually bring their two dogs with them - just to add to our 4!! But they have had tummy upsets - and have also had to have vet treatment.[the dogs - not my friends - although l have not heard from them this morning after my bbq chicken] They do love swimming in the local pond at the nature reserve - so it might be something they have picked up.

Lets hope Frazer is on the mend soon.

3 Likes

Any news about young Frazer, Michelle. My 2 hounds are sending him lots of virtual wags and licks.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear that Michelle. Frazer means so much to you and he has his own fan club on this forum.

Please let us know when he’s better.

Big hugs, Steve. Woof woof to Frazer.

2 Likes

I hope it’s good news about Frazer, from a member of his fan club

Jo x

1 Like

Hi Thank you so much for all your kind messages, i’m still really worried he seemed to pick up yesterday but the vet has rang to say he’s not so well again today he doesn’t want to eat, they’ve done an Xray twice and cant find anything. so far tey are treating it as Pancreaitis, which is serious but responds well to treatment, so they’ve put him on some different medicine, i’m really hoping it helps, we are supposed to be going on our family holiday on Friday with our two girls and our older daughter and her husband and my little granddaughters. i cant tell you how sad i feel… i don’t want to go away, i’m not sure what we will do, my autistic daughter is unaware of all of this being 15 and autistic its hard to explain. As many of you know Frazer is more than a family pet he is also my assistance dog …I love him so much i’m just praying that he will be okay.

Michelle x

1 Like

Fingers are firmly crossed Michelle.

Poor Frazer and I know how wretched you must feel.

Please God you have some good news soon.

Lots of love,

Pat xx

4 Likes

Poor Frazer! (And poor Michelle too!) Don’t know what to say but sending our pin-up dog a virtual tickle between the ears and a load of positive thoughts.

4 Likes

Thanks Pat, i feel awful i cant stop crying i really miss him and im scared too, i know it sounds silly he’s taught me such a lot and really turned my life around. When i first trained with him the canine partner staff were still unsure about how good he would be as a wheelchair assistance dog. He was a withdrawn dog from guide dogs. This was partly because of a cataract but also because he showed a bit of a “golden retriever stubborn side” , he was quite willful and pulled on the lead. When we met his puppy parents at his celebration day they were both surprised and delighted at how well he’d done. He has proved to be such a loyal hard working lovable dog with a gorgeous cheeky personality, he really is my best friend…with him by my side i could go anywhere, i don’t feel disabled when we are together. I know i must sound daft i just hope that he gets better sometimes this can be serious even fatal.

Thanks everyone for your kind words Michelle xx

3 Likes

Thanks Boblatina, all these positive thoughts mean such a lot to me xx

2 Likes

Michelle i hope and pray that Frazer is ok,you must be so worried about him.sending you lots of love and best wishes.

J x

3 Likes

My friends elderly cat has pancreaitis - and he is now on a special low protein diet which has been very successful - Smokey is back to his old self. They had been feeding him - what they thought was the best - lots of fresh fish and steak etc. Nothing was too good for Smokey - and he would turn his nose up at normal cat food. So they had to virtually starve him to get him to accept the new food. Now they have to watch he does not go visiting neighbours to eat their cats food!

Love to you and Fraser.

my avatar is Reggie - my assistance/pat dog and Bliss -Romanian rescue who looks like a golden retriever but with no tail.

4 Likes

Aw I’m sorry to hear that Fraziers ill Michelle. I don’t have ‘human’ kids but I do have four legged fur babies an I love them with as much passion. When ever one of my two are ill, it’s awful! You’ll be worried sick about him. At least he’s in the best place for him to get better and he’s still a young dog, so he’s strong. He’ll be able to fight any illness way easier than an elderly dog would. I’m thinking of you & Frazier and pray he gets better so he can go home to you for cuddles, kisses and treats x

2 Likes