Female facial hair growth

Hi guys

I have noticed over a while now that my facial hair seems to have grown, I’m not sure if this has something to do with the medication I’m taking, or yet another side effect of MS. I suppose I’m luck that I have blonde hair and the hair on my face is blonde, but that’s not the point I still don’t like it. Has anyone else suffered from this and if so is there anything I can do about it. I have thought about buying a “nono” but not sure if they work and they are expensive. Any thoughts.Deborah

Hi Deborah, how old are you and have you gone through menopause?

If so, it’s that that’s causing it. I’m afraid after menopause a girl can’t go anywhere without her trusty tweezers.

Hair seems to disappear from every other part of the body (can’t even remember when I last shaved underarms) but it starts growing on face!!!

IF it’s blonde and not too much of a problem, I’d leave it alone. The trouble with plucking, waxing or shaving is that the hair will come back even thicker and stronger!

When I last travelled abroad they took my tweezers off me at airport. I told them they wouldn’t let me back in the country as I wouldn’t look anything like my passport photo with a full beard and moustache! Got a bit of a laugh out of security guys!

If you are not in menopause yet it might be worth seeing GP. Could be side effect of one of your meds.

Pat xx

Hi,

I have a NoNo! but it’s an older on and not suitable for your face like the newer one.

Anyhow, I can tell you my experience and I think a NoNo does work but you need to commit to it.

I bought it when I was teaching classes so started off every 2/3 days…then MS caught me out! The funny thing is that when I get REALLY hairy legs i.e. long - it’s when they’re like that I notice that, I have massive patches with no hair

I guess if using on your face, then it’d be easy to use regularly, washing your face after is no problem - you do need to wash after as the smell is quite obviously burnt hair

It’s pain free tho and fairly simple tho so that’s my personal advice, be prepared to stick with it as it does work but does need a little time devoted to it - I think some people say it doesn’t work after trying it once. Common sense tells you that all the hair won’t be at the same point of growth on a single day. I bought mine after a friend recommended it - she had dark facial hair and said as a result, she loves the smell as she knows that’s the hair being killed off EBAY is my advice, a lot of people seem to throw the towel in quickly, I got mine on ebay and it needs an adaptor plug but cheap and works, the bits that touch your skin are the “blades” were in sealed packs.

I have loads of facial hair (blonde fluff) and I guess that might get a bit thicker with age but when that one thick hair on my chin turned white, I was delighted! So I was less than impressed when a 2nd, very dark one appeared. I was probably even more miffed as it was not that short when I discovered it, so I’m not too sure if anyone else noticed it

Anyway, sorry to waffle but after years of trying to shave, wax, epilate, immac etc.it seems like a sane choice

Sonia x

1 Like

Hi Sonia, once you’ve got rid of all the hair how often do you have to use the NoNo? Does it make the hair grow back thicker?

Seen them advertised and they look impressive but I wouldn’t want to make facial hair thicker than it is.

Thanks,

Pat xx

1 Like

Girls, girls, girls

So thankful someone is talking about facial hair! I hate it! I know it is not important in the grand scheme of things but honestly you feel so much better when it isn’t there!. Thanks for being open, honest and funny. I am not alone!

Enjoy your day,

Anne

1 Like

Looked on ebay - and yes the lots of the NoNo laser - facial/body hair removers for sale - mostly brand new still wrapped and boxed and only about £30/40 . l have sent for one. Have the odd whisker on the face. Never have problems with hairy legs - thankfully never shaved them - only used waxing - which eventually the hair gets weaker and stops growing. Once you shave it makes matters 10 times worse.

2 Likes

Hi guys I seem to have opened a can of worms, but these things need talking about, thank you all for your comments and advice, I have just ordered a “Nono” from eBay thanks to Sonia. I will let you now how I get on with it.

Pat I’m 55 and went through the menopause at an early age 46, but still have to shave legs and underarms, which is difficult but I manage can’t wait till both stop. My facial hair is my biggest concern, use tweezers on my chin started many years ago( shouldn’t have started that) anyway will try the Nono see if that works, hope so. Bye for know Deborah

2 Likes

I’m on steroids for another condition. I have always blamed them, HRT etc. looks like there will be a run on no nos. silly name though

1 Like

No, not thicker, it kills them off which is the best bit, slow process but will get them eventually

It really is like running the hot wire from a light bulb across the hair. The “blades” have a wire that gets hot but it doesn’t touch your skin so no burn problems. I have nobbley kneecaps, so I get some little pink marks but they don’t bother me.

Sonia x

1 Like

That’s good that there’s lots on ebay, I might try to get a newer one soon as I can’t use mine on face - I’m fierce with a pair of tweezers tho

Sonia x

1 Like

Hi Sonia Do you have to have a special one to use on your face? Or does your just need replacing?

Deborah

Hi Amazon Lady,

I think you could have to wait a while before you can stop shaving, sadly! I am 63, started the menopause early at forty but still have to shave under arms…I had my legs lazered when using a razor became a major hazard. The Nono sounds great, hope it works well for you.

Nina x

1 Like

I think there’s an attachment for facial hair but it’ll say in the details if OK for face or not… OK, just looked at ebay and mine is ancient!!! Virtually the whole first page was newer versions than mine.

Going to have to sit on my hands now as really can’t get a newer one what with move!

Sonia x

1 Like

Really, mine is a little square-like thing, it’s rubbish and I want a new one

1 Like

AND it was about £50 more expensive for the facial hair too when I got it. I suppose it was about 4-5 years ago tho.

Hopefully, that does mean that those who ordered get a newer and improved version of mine

Sonia x

1 Like

Sounds like a NoNo is a YesYes!

Going to stick with my tweezers for now (I’ve spent a fortune on Dickie!!!) so I’m still a MaybeMaybe!

Pat xx

1 Like

I never considered my facial hair (which I have struggled with since my 20’s) could be MS related!

think I will be going down the Nono route too

thanks guys

x

Hi Guy’s well my “Nono” (yes stupid name) arrived yesterday, read instructions and started by doing my left arm, from my hand to my elbow, didn’t seem to work very well so went back to instructions again and it’s says works better on short hair, so think I need to shave my arm first, will try that today,will need to get my husband to go up to the bathroom to get my razor etc. will get back to you when I’ve tried again, I’ll be the guinea pig. Deborah

3 Likes

Good luck, Deborah!

Nina x

2 Likes

Mine arrived - l have plugged it in to charge. Will have a good read of instructions then see about getting rid of the ‘moustache’. Might try underarms if successful. Legs and arms are hair-free. l think it is the biotin that has made the whiskers appear! Unless they have always been there - as l did have lens-replacement procedure on my eyes. And now l can see everything - 20/20 vision.

Read all the small print now - and can see whiskers on my chin - and cobwebs/dust everywhere - always a downside isn’t there.

1 Like