Feet feel like ice

Hiya all don’t no if this is a relapse or not … Both feet feel like they have been frozen been like this for 5 days now not sure if I should contact ms nurse or not

my hands have been cold since before dx but my feet are always too hot!

interesting that people who had the ccsvi procedure felt their feet warm up instantly

run it by your ms nurse maybe she can help but at least it will get on your records

carole x

Hi,

It could be a symptom of a relapse, yes. Sometimes, what feels like cold is actually numbness. Your brain searches for the best possible explanation for abnormal feelings - or loss of feeling. So if you’ve got reduced sensation in your feet, one explanation your brain may fix on is: “They must be very cold!”, because that’s one really common reason people can’t feel their feet.

Tina

Hello…I too am going through some sympoms. First numbness in both legs and and now my feet feel like ice! Trying to put feetup, keep warm and rest as much as I can (being a fulltime teacher I have found this tough!!). Have informed the ms nurse but they can’t do anything so going to sit it out and pray that it doesn’t go on much longer!

Hope you are able to rest too,

Debs

Hi I’m suffering with a freezing left foot at the moment, it’s painful as it’s also got raging pins and needles and i’m getting shooting pains right up to my knees. My right foot feels normal.

Thankyou for your feedback i feel a lot better now i will contact the ms nurse to put it on record atleast i am not the only one with these symptoms thanks guys x

[quote=“Debsxxx”]

Hello…I too am going through some sympoms. First numbness in both legs and and now my feet feel like ice! Trying to put feetup, keep warm and rest as much as I can (being a fulltime teacher I have found this tough!!). Have informed the ms nurse but they can’t do anything so going to sit it out and pray that it doesn’t go on much longer!

Hope you are able to rest too,

Debs

[/quote] Hope you get well soon x

Hope you all get better soon …and me

Hi, my feet and legs are always very cold…I put it down to being in a wheelie, with no mobility.

Thick socks, fleecy lined granny slipper boots (well I am actually a granny), a fleece blanket, a hot water bottle and then maybe theyll reach room temperature, by the end of the day! Dont ask about what happes when I go out............but someone said Scott of the Antartic (or was it Arctic?) wore less clothes! Appen as like, eh?

luv Pollx

When my feet are really numb, I describe it as that feeling I used to get when I was young and foolish and used to go out in sandals in January!! It does feel like they are frozen. I have found that there are varying degrees of numbness, from the pins and needles to complete loss of feeling. I have to be careful now as I often don’t notice when my feet really are cold and have started to get chill blains in winter. However, whenever I have been in bed for an hour my feet burn and I have to stick them out of the duvet to cool them down! Bizarre!

Tracey x

I generally have freezing feet. It takes an hour or so in bed before I can feel them again. Like Tracey, I can then get blisteringly hot feet after that, especially if the warm up too fast. I can also get one boiling, one freezing foot?! I wish they would just stay comfortable, not too hot, not too cold.

Well my ms nurse said its sensory problems never had this before does it come and go had it for 9 days now starting to do my head in …

i have just logged in for the first time, went for an introduction to a newly diagnosed day last week.

HEY>>> IVE GOT MS

so i suppose i can say “welcome to the world of MS” looks like i could be here to stay!

just a quick hi, im richard! 47 and gutted, but i have lived with this for well over 18 months. and had rhumatoidfor the last 10yrs. medication: methotrexate for the last 6yrs

fuuny enough, my first symptoms were a “foot” like ice"… not the two, only one side. my leg is a little blue on times and vestles have burst up the leg, mostly below the knee but have never had an explenation or clear diagnosis for the cold “rigamortis” feeling.

ive had no clear answers, Dopla tests say all ok… nurve conduction… ok ??

answer! main artory ok! but capilleries have no conection to the brain… myalin gone somewhere that deals with central heating? i have always thought it was a blockage somewhere, but hey im no diagnostic buff in this avenue.

long story but i went through a process of rhumatologist-gp-neuro and mmmm not to clear. but one thing the pins and needles-fuzzy has always been there and never gone. mind says lift leg up on step-leg says no!

so could be a reletive symptom… anyone else like to jump in to the subject? : )

Hi Redadare

Welcome . My second relapse left me with severe numb feet. Ever since then I have had the icy feet feeling alternated with the burning feeling. Just to mix things up sometimes one is hot and the other is cold, like Phoenixcrystals mentions. At least life is never dull. I have just put it all down to nerve damage. No-one has ever explained it to me and I haven’t bothered to ask for an explanation. I always log it as a persistent symptom so the neuro is aware of it.

Tracey x

Thanks all i guess its just another way of ms saying hello i am here looks like we all trying to live with this disease …