feeling down

Hi everyone

This is the first time I’ve posted anon, but feel so lost today with my life, health, future everything!

I don’t always feel this way, I feel happy to!

But days when I’m on my own it freaks me out! I can’t do much myself legs just about caput! I’m sat here now hungry but not in a great position to get anything. Someone just knocked on the door, but no that it takes so long to even get out my chair I don’t even bother to try.

I’m only in my forty’s so scared about the future and not when I get old! I’m talking about the next couple of years.

I’ve had ms only about six years but the progression is so fast.

Just feel my life is over!

Sorry to hear you’re having a rubbish time. I don’t really know what to say to help, but please remember your not alone we all understand. We’re allowed to have bad days every now and then. don’t worry about the mystery caller, if it’s important they will be back. Have you any family or friends who could pop over for a bit? Might help break the day up for you? I really hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you.

Hugs

L x

Speak to your GP or MS nurse, sometimes we need a helping hand through all this and should that be in the form of a tablet or talking to someone - take all the help you can get, it is out there and we are all here lending our support through the key board - its good to talk…

Hi Anon,

Very sorry to hear you’re having a rough time. It’s the rest of our job on here to get you back up again, which is particularly hard for me as I don’t do jokes like Wobblyboy! - so help me out everyone!

Your life certainly isn’t over, it’s just different to how it was. I’m sure that with your legs being bad at the moment, missing someone at the door, and your being hungry, is just all contributing at once right now. It will get better What about phoning someone to get some support and encouragement, there must be an MS helpline if friends and family aren’t available. What have you got that you get up once for and grab to eat from the fridge or cupboard to tide you over.

Come on Anon, I’m potentially only 2 or 3 years behind you in symptom terms - so I need you to set a good example for when it lands on me.

Hang tough, and look after yourself.

Mr S

Hey Anon,

I don’t know if my typing this can help in any way but I just want you to know that I am so sorry you feel life is over and that I just wanted to give you a bit of support.

MS is so difficult to live with, explain or cope with at times. I am some days floundering in a pit of despair, questioning why at 38 my life, my world, seems to have altered so much but then I have to remember to keep going and stay strong, not just for me but for others in my life too.

Please talk to your MS nurse or GP, a friend or a family member about how you are feeling. The last thing you need to feel is alone and lost. This site is fantastic for support from others who also have MS in its varying forms or are affected by it, but there is nothing better than seeing someone face to face to get support and help in how you are feeling.

Take care

Asher x x

Oh Anon. You sound really down.

I get days like that and I expect a lot of us do. Tomorrow you may feel better.

Is there anyone you can call for a chat? Like Mr S has said you could always ring the MS helpline for a chat and let them know how you are feeling.

I was d/x at age 45 eight years ago and my legs are terrible. I order a lot on line and in the box with additional delivery info I put that it will take me a while to open the door so hang on.

Sorry I can’t say anything that will megically make you feel better now but I really hope you feel a bit brighter tomorrow.

((((Hugs))))

Shazzie x

Thanks everyone

Your concern really does give me a lift :slight_smile:

But I have so many things problems I no there is always someone worse off!

But at times I just want to scream!

My kids are not babies, but they have seen and do stuff they shouldn’t have. They are great but I hate the burden on them. Since ms and getting worse, my friends are getting less and less, not that they don’t offer. But everything I do has to have so much planning. I need help to wash and dress can’t go out alone. I have an adapted car but even that is so difficult to get in and out of. So I just started to say no. My bladder is a piece of work too.

Oh I don’t no my mum and dad are great but the arnt around all of the time, and now winter is here I just hate it feel trapped. I can’t get in and out of bed alone so if I get up in the middle of the night, I either have to wake up the kids or go downstairs to sit in my chair!

I’ve just started having a problem with my hand now omg when does it end?

Oh I’m having a good ole moan today!

But thanks all for your kind and concerned word’s

Hi anon, I’m so sorry you feel this way, I agree with what some of the others have said about speaking to your ms nurse of gp, also do you have an ms group in the area, I know we have in Huddersfield, they organise coffee mornings, outing, lunches and yoga classes and if the person with ms struggles to get out they help with this, so that might be worth looking into and then you might not be on your own too often. Just remember you’re not on your own and everyone on here will have times like this and we all need support, is there anyone one on this site that might be in your area, I know for me this site has been good, I may not always come on, or respond to blokes, but I have meet and made a good friend from this site and now we meet when ever we can, so if you dare ask the question, who know I/we could be just around the corner. Take care, Jean x x

My first post too!..I hope Anon is feeling better. I quite often get like that where I think that although my family are great and “understand” how I feel, the only people who really know how I feel are you guys cos you are all living it. I spend a lot of my week at home alone, staggering around the house trying to be “normal” and doing “normal” things like cooking tea and washing dishes but I get extremely tired and my legs seem to be getting weaker and weaker. My right hand has become tremmor-tastic which isn’t good you’re using a knife!! Trying to stay positive. x

Read this and am appalled although sadly not surprised. This coalition government are the pits. Ruining this country with their policies. The gap between the haves and the have-nots is widening to ridiculous levels. The reason none of them care is because they all come under the haves heading. So frustrating to have no-one to vote for that will put this country back on the right track.

So sorry - posted this on wrong thread weirdly.

Wow someone else who feels like in did last month. Everything was getting on top of me and I just couldn’t handle it, my Mum has moved nearer and was expecting me to be her full time carer, difficult when in chair and needing carers myself. I would say contact a social worker to get more help to ease to burden on your kids and you. Try and get on direct payments so you can employ your own carers (choose well them being cheerful is very important and able to listen). Find out what is available help wise in your area and don’t be afraid to ask. If you don’t ask you don’t get. It is time the people who need help get it not the wasters of this world. Hope your’e happy again soon. Happy can cope lol

Hello Anon!! Sorry your feeling so down, Hope things start to improve soon. You have been given some great advice already. I just wanted to add. You write that your kids have seen and done stuff that you say they shoudn’t have. I fully understand that. But I feel what your kids are doing for you will enrich their characters and make them better able to cope with life in general than most people of there age. Could have worded it better but I’m no writer lol…take care of yourself xxx

Once again thank you so much for all your support :slight_smile:

Blossom you are so right about my children they are now very different, and everyone says so :slight_smile: I no they are not little but the ability they have now. They can both cook use the washing machine iron. They care not just for me but for life. They both have life skills and lessons that if I wasn’t like this never would have. And yes in some ways that is fantastic :slight_smile: