Feeling as flat as a pancake.

Random MS relapse day for JP today: so unpredictable, after taking some painkillers and doing my physiotherapy exercises, I feel completely fatigued out --I need a lie down for the rest of the day now.
How do you explain to non-MSers how a relapse feels like? :hot_face:

Sorry to hear. I hope you feeling better soon. How are you today?

The vast majority of non-MSers don’t have the slightest idea about how we feel. When I describe a relapse, I simply describe the symptoms. When both my hands went numb for several weeks because of a relapse, I had people saying to me: “are you sure you are not imaging it?”, or “you need better posture when working”…

I am sure that some people think we are hypochondriacs…

2 Likes

Thanks @MariaB123
Terrible night’s sleep, my back just won’t give me any rest.
If still be working today, I’d probably call in sick; I know what you mean though, to others it just seems you’re just faking it again.

Take care. We are the only people who know exactly how we feel.

sorry you are feeling rough. Before my MS i was very dismissive of fatigue and people with ME.
I now understand how it feels to struggle to hold my head up.
As for explaining to others, I tend not to waste my time unless it is really necessary. I have agreed to use specific terms with family and friends so they can cut me some slack. If I say “I’m banjaxed” they understand that it is more than just very very tired and that I am struggling. Hope you fell better soon and work out the best way to explain to others.
Mick

I am sorry to hear you are a bit gubbed just now, MS is just awful
I hope you feel a bit stronger soon.
Maryx

I get like that too. I think it makes me more tired trying to explain to people.

I tend to talk in terms of something like recovery from a bad flu, or for those who have had it, it’s like the first days out of bed - no energy to think let alone move much