Help - Is this a relapse?

Hi All,

I don’t know what’s going on with me, I feel really confused. About a week and a half ago I suddenly started feeling really tired, even depressed, which is really rare for me. Then a week later I got a new symptom, nothing terrible, but new nonetheless. And I would say a couple days after that I’ve been experiencing overwhelming fatigue, like too tired to walk a few steps to the kitchen fatigue, like I’ve been housebound, and pretty much in bed since Friday fatigue. Maybe as I’m writing this it seems obvious that I’m having a relapse. Though usually my fatigue with a relapse lasts for a day or so and then passes. This just seems too intense, like a really deep hole of fatigue, lasting for days with no real signs of letting up. To be honest I feel so out of it I feel like I’m having trouble judging the situation. Any clear-headed advice is more than welcome … I am in some kind of fog. My glands have felt a bit swollen so I thought maybe it’s flu? But seems too intense for that too. I also quit coffee right when this began - a week ago - because I thought it might be contributing to my fatigue, as it wasn’t giving me energy, was sucking it out of me instead. Could this be caffeine withdrawl? If it’s not totally obvious, I am feeling completely lost. I have major deadlines with work and stayed in bed for the past three days hoping for better today, but today it’s the same. I don’t know what’s going on or what to do. Any sane advice appreciated, I feel like I’m going crazy.

XX
KK

Hello KK,

I am sorry that you are feeling so rough. Your symptoms could be due to your MS or maybe just picking up a bug, but whatever is the reason for it, you had best ignore all deadlines as you need to think only about MS when you are feeling so bad. Anyone can have illnesses and bugs, so you shouldn’t feel guilty if you have more difficulty meeting deadlines. If I were you, I would get back to doing more resting. I really hope that you soon feel heaps better.

Take care,

Moira

Thanks Moira, I think I needed to hear that. I’m just so frustrated with yet another sick day, sick week, etc. But I guess I just have to be mature and ride this out. I’m so restless at home. Oh well, I’m sure it will pass, as these things always do. It is so hard to keep resting, and resting, and resting some more. But I guess I don’t have a choice. Anyway, yeah, thanks again, always nice not to feel alone. xxkk

Ask the dr to check for a urine infection. It is surprising how many people can get really ill withour any obvious symptoms.

Hope you feel better soon. Ann