Having a relapse - hoping for advice ...

Hi Everyone,

I’m having a relapse since last Thursday and am hoping for advice. I’ve been pretty tired and have taken it quite easy, but I’m not exactly sure how to go forward. I have a big deadline this week and I’m unsure if I should rest or push myself. Will it make the relapse more severe if I don’t rest? And by worse I mean more intense symptoms, lasting longer, leaving more permanent damage. I could push myself to work, but I don’t want to if it will make the relapse worse. I’d really appreciate any advice. Thanks so much in advance.

All best,

KK

Hi KK

Well now reading your post reminds me of me!! You probably already know the answer. Listening to the body - it’s something I have trouble with myself.

Ideally you should rest. You’ll feel worse if you push yourself. You don’t want that. Have you contacted your nurse/neuro?

Do you work from home, or if you don’t then is there the slightest chance that you could for now? That way you’ll be able to do a little then rest up and so on.

I’m currently in a relapse myself - but I’m still working and in truth I’m struggling at the moment.

Rest KK. It’s definitely the way to go in my opinion.

I hope that you start to feel better soon. Am sending (((((hugs))))) and wishes for a speedy recovery

Debbie xx

Hi Debbie,

Thanks a lot for writing. Sorry to hear you’re having a relapse too - though it’s always comforting to know that other people are experienceing the same. I haven’t contacted my MS nurse, but I will do tomorrow. Thanks for the advice - I do feel quite tired to be honest. It’s usually that way for a week or so, and then my energy comes back. I can work from home actually, so I think I’ll maybe take it easy, not push myself, get an extension, and just work when I’m feeling up to it. It’s always hard right when the attack hits, really wipes me out. And I always feel guilty for lying around doing nothing, but it’s probably for the best. I’ve been trying to be productive the past couple days, and I don’t think I’m any better for it.

Thanks for the hugs, and sending some ((((((hugs)))))) back at you! I really hope you feel better soon.

All the best,

KK

Hi Davey,

Thanks for writing. I’m thinking to start some steroids tomorrow myself - it didn’t help the last time, but it’s worth a shot. Enjoy your mince pie, tea, and rest … sounds very nice. I’m taking it easy today also. I hope you feel better soon.

XK