feel like crying today

Had a good lie in this morning (not at work). Still no better but at least resting up. Thank you for the thoughts EM. Reemz.XXX

Yep - between the GP and neuro I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. My partner decided to have a look at my abdomen and back yesterday and literally he must have just touched and I almost screamed - I think it shocked him because I guess I am somebody who ploughs on and doesn’t show it when I am in pain.

Resting at home today - on the balcony just taking it easy. Still in pain - I can’t stay still for more than 20-30mins but at least I’m at home so I can move around however much I like.

Thank you for the support.

Reemz

X

Hi Reemz. I am glad you are at least resting though I too am horrified you haven’t got any medication for the pain. If you go to a gp with headaches, back pain or whatever, they don’t say that it must be endured till/if they find out what is causing it!

Enjoy your time in Cyprus and I hope the resting/moving around freely does help. However, I know I am reiterating what others say but you REALLY need to get something to help, especially as you could possibly enjoy your holiday so much more if you were relatively pain free.

Take good care of yourself and from one plodderoner ( a new word of the week) to another, get back to the docs and DEMAND something to ease this.

Jax x

Hi Jax

Yes it seems like healthcare in England is from one extreme to another. One GP I had about 7 years ago would give me antibiotics over the phone and was happy for me to self medicate when I had acne because I work in a hosdpital he had that trust that I would be sensible and knew the precautions necessary ( I know crazy) - then on the other extreme I can’t get any help for something that is not great from a new GP. Agree I know I need some help now its all getting a little too much.

Will definitely make the most of Cyprus. A break is well overdue.

Reemz

X

What a lot of lovely, kind replies you`ve got, eh?

I hope you are taking it very easy, as the hol will be wonderful, but will take extra stamina. Take some siestas…not Spain I know, but you get what I mean, I hope!

luv Pollx

ok, my curiosity has got the better of me, I just gotta ask,

What do you actually do at the hospital?

luv Pollx

I know this forum and the people in it are amazing. I’m speechless at the amount of support thats rallied together when someones feeling down. Even in pain and not feeling great you can’t help but smile knowing that.

I’ll defo be taking some siestas - my family like to do lots of 5-10mile walking to see sights. Don’t think I’m going to be doing that.

Reemz

X

Reemz you shouldn’t be surprised at the response. You are always helping others and saying such nice and supportive things. People are glad to return the favour. Have a brilliant holiday and relax. Xx

Just want to echo what Nikki said :smiley: enjoy your holiday and be kind to yourself xx

Nikki you made me get all emotional reading your post - thank you for your kind words.

Everyone is so lovely and caring and it just seems so wrong for such lovely people to be going through such a miserable time. I’m glad I can help you guys in any way possible and can’t thank everyone for all the support back in return.

Had a good day just pottering about and reading - no better but I’m getting into holiday mode now.

Reemz

X