Fast forward brain anyone !!

i woke this morning and had no balance at all, then started with whats like my brain on fast foward,its really distressing,its coming in big waves,and i cant function when it happens,it lasts fora few minutes a time,fades away then comes back,i have had it before but never has bad as this,i am trying to stay calm but god i am so scared.

J x

Hi Mrs J, it could be MS… after all it does affect everything including thinking… but given what’s been happening with you recently I think it’s more likely to be stress.

Stress can show itself in so many different ways… and of course it’s Catch 22 as MS makes stress worse and stress makes MS worse!!!

Try to remember to do the mindfulness as much as you can and try anything possible to lower your stress levels. Talking to someone is probably the best thing you could do. Have you a friend or family member who is a good listener?

Most important is don’t try and pretend everything is ok. It’s not. You’ve had a very rough time recently and it’s time for some TLC for yourself.

How would you treat someone else who was both ill and stressed out? Think about all the things you would say to them and all the kind things you would do for them, and then say those things and do those things for yourself.

Thinking of you and sending (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Pat xx

5 Likes

Hi Mrs J,

I’m sorry you’re having yet more to cope with. Wonderful advise from Pat, as always!

Be kind to yourself and take care,

Nina x

3 Likes

Hi Mrs J

Sorry to hear this, you really are being put through the mill ((((hugs))))

Take one day at a time, and above all be kind to yourself, thinking of you.

Pam x

2 Likes

Hi Pat and Nina, thanks for taking the time to reply,i feel very unwell and have done last few days, my other half and my daughter are very argumentive people,theres always dramas with my daughter and her ex,theres never a day goes by without my daughter ringing or coming here crying and not able to cope,she still expects me to sort her life out even when i am this ill,

this is the first time in my life i have felt that i wish i could just go to sleep and not wake up,i am worn out with it all, i dont have any quality of life to start with,but i could cope if i didnt have all the hassle of my family, theres not one of them can see what its doing to me, i cant get out of the house,only to hospital or drs,and i dont have anyone at all to talk to,thank god for you all on here,it helps more than you will ever know,its my only outlet.

J x

1 Like

Thanks Pam,thank god the brain fast forward feeling has passed off a bit yesterday i was spelling the word CALM in my head over and over to keep myself calm,its so distressing like one long panic attack that lasts all day.

Love you people on here, i would be lost without you all.

J x

2 Likes

((((Hugs)))) Mrs J, stay strong xx

Pam x

1 Like

J, My heart goes out to you - everytime l read your posts. You have such a burden on your shoulders with your family as well as your MS.

l wish l was a ‘Cape Crusader’ - well l expect most of us would like to be one also - and sweep into your life and sort out your family.

You are such a caring person - and l know would be the first to help others if only you could. Thats why we all try to keep one anothers peckers up!!

l was out on my Tramper scooter - with my dogs a couple of days ago - and the scooter broke down. l hate not being able to get out and about on my own. And the dogs were going stir-crazy. A lovely neighbour had a look at it for me and discovered a part that had broken connecting the batteries together. He kindly rang Beamer the Tramper company and got them to send me a replacement. lt came this morning as promised. And he came over and fixed it for me. Then this afternoon - the service guy from Beamer turned up out of the blue. Apparently, he was up at the NEC for the weekend - at some exhibition with his wife [also disabled and uses a Tramper] and came to see if he could fix the scooter. He has been here for about 2 hrs - and has stripped it down and given it a good service. Brought his 3 dogs with him as well. lt was due a service - so now l am back on my wheels again and not feeling so ‘trapped’. We live in Worcs - and the Beamer company are in Salisbury. The service guy lives in Basingstoke - so how about that for a piece of good fortune. Will be out with my beasties as soon as it cools down a bit for them. Got my son’s two dogs to look after next week - so shall have 5 to take out!

Hope you are feeling more upbeat now - especially after the replies you have had from your pals on here.

lt must help to know that we understand what you are going through - and are always close at hand to answer you.

l have been much better since starting on the Biotin - and also a B Complex recommended to me called Swansons Super Stress B-Complex with Vit C. [Trying to get my daughter to start taking it - she has a very stressful job - and gets a terrible dermatitis itchy rash on her hands and arms when she is ‘in a state’. Sure this would help her.] l take no prescription drugs now - just the B Vits and Vitd3. And Kalms - to help me sleep.

You are a kind loving and caring person - time to use it on yourself - and not waste it on others.

4 Likes

wow Frances how nice for you, i love your tales,they are always so full of positve things,that happen to you, i feel i must have been a bad b****r in a past life, i just seem to come across not so nice people,quite often too, thats why i love coming on here,i always feel better for it.

was going to send for some biotin,but i read its a blood thinner, and i get nose bleeds,so thought i had better not,are Kalms any good,i may try them,i will look into the swansons super stress b complex though, at the moment i am using Bachs flower remedies,hope they will calm me.

pleased you got your tramper going.bet you were so relieved and so very grateful.

J x

1 Like

Hi Mrs J,

I take blood thinners for a heart condition. I mentioned biotin to my GP before I started it and he didn’t lower my blood thinners in fact he said there were no side effects. I certainly haven’t had any, although I have to say I’m very wary …especially after the trouble Pat had with Magnesium…that was scary!

Hope you’re feeling a bit better today? You know I often think I’m surrounded by sh11ty people too…maybe we attract them? Glad to know coming on here helps. I get tremendous help from just reading such kind and friendly posts, even when they are not to me!

take care, thinking of you and sending hugs,

Nina x

4 Likes

Hi Mrs J,

I take blood thinners for a heart condition. I mentioned biotin to my GP before I started it and he didn’t lower my blood thinners in fact he said there were no side effects. I certainly haven’t had any, although I have to say I’m very wary …especially after the trouble Pat had with Magnesium…that was scary!

Hope you’re feeling a bit better today? You know I often think I’m surrounded by sh11ty people too…maybe we attract them? Glad to know coming on here helps. I get tremendous help from just reading such kind and friendly posts, even when they are not to me!

Nina x

Hi Mrs J,

Nina x

Hi Mrs J,

Nina x

Hi Mrs J,

Nina x

1 Like

Hi Mrs J,

Nina x

WHOOPS!!! Sorry!

Nina

2 Likes

Lol Nina, thanks i feel a bit better today.but still in a panic over having my tooth out, i really dont think i can have it done,i am telling myself i will try but not to worry about it if i cant.its over a week away yet,but i am waking up with it on my mind every day,i am getting on my own nerves with it lol.

J x

1 Like

Hello Mrs J,

Just wanted to say, I hope you are feeling a bit better, Iv’e not been on much recently, things have been a bit crazy with he school hols and Molly having her difficulties keeps me very busy. I understand the panic its where I am at the moment. so many things seem to overwhelm me. Then today my renewal for pips came …and iv’e gone into more panic.

I’ll be thinking about you next week …It will soon pass.

Michelle x

1 Like

Thanks Michelle i have replied to your other post.

J x