fandabby dozy!

Hi Polly so glad it went well for ,now for a new lease of life hopefully no more toilet troubles, just one question did you have a girl or a boy when you woke up in the delivery room?,but seriously im happy for you, mabey when you,ve recovered we could meet up for lunch in leeds or i could come through to halifax the 508 goes past the end of my road.

Barbara.xx

Ha Frances! I also thought about 50 Shades when you said you swing harder at certain points. If you had been reading 50 Shades, you`d have gone up and over several times, eh?..naughty, but nice!

I`m still doing well.

luv Pollx

Oh Muriel, I didnt come on here yesterday and so missed the opportunity to wish you well for the op.

I know it does sound more drastic than an spc, but just think how much better your life will be.

Looking forward to seeing you back on the boards after the hospital stay.

Lots and lots of love,

Pollyxxxxxxx

Thankyou sara.

Did you get the spc changed after your bad experience? You may have already said, but I cant remember! I`m doing well.

luv Pollx

Hi Barbara, thanks for your support hun.

Someone else mentioned the delivery room and i wondered what they meant. So I looked back and see what i`d said…silly me, of course I meant recovery room! I dont recall bringing a new baby home…only Popeye the Pipe!

What a lovely idea for us to meet up. It is so kind of you to make the effort.

Yeh, we`ll organise something for a meet in Halifax soon.

luv Pollx

Just a catch up guys.

Still doing well. Wound can sometimes sting a bit, but nothing too bad. Its draining beautifully and Im so chuffed with it.

What a huge difference to mine and hubby`s lives.

luv Pollx

Really pleased everything has worked out so well for you. X

Well done Poll, glad you’re ok, love Steve x

thanks for making me smile Poll

so very glad to read your post

love carole x

Another update…

I felt so well that I went off on a retail therapy trip yesterday…uh-oh!

It seems my tum disagreed with my head! The journey was bumpy and I held my tum like a preggy belly! Then trundling round the town was like being on a roller coaster…tum was not happy. It magnified even the smallest of pavement edges and cracks.

So the trip was cut short and I couldnt wait to get home to the safety and comfort of my bed.

This morning Im still very sore and moving/turning over isnt nice!

The wound is doing ok seeing as I`m only 8 days post op…still bleeds a bit…normal the district nurses say.

So all in all, i`m ok, but further outings are on hold…but not for too long!

luv Pollx

Hi Poll, I’m doing great thanks. The op went well, I had no problems with new catheter. I was home by tea time! They did the Botox too so all back to ‘normal’ I think you are doing brilliantly! You’re not mentioning any bypass so I’m hoping all is working well for you. I find when I’m being pushed, the bumping over curbs is very uncomfortable, especially if my bladder is empty. Keep healing well honey Sara x

Poll,

The reason l use the short length cath and no tubing on the bag is to prevent any uncomfortable drag on the ‘site’. And of course no ‘kinking’. lt did take me a long time trying different ways until l came across the answer and l expect you will soon find the best way for you. This hot weather l can wear my shorts or a little sundress and nothing shows. All completely hidden-but best of all - no discomfort and no trauma. And no getting out of bed in the night.

Hi Frances. I am using a night bag in the day at the mo, as my wound is sore now, so I dont want to add pressure to my tum yet. I have a fabric bag on the side of my wheelie and the wee bag fits nicely into it, so the long tube drapes well underneath my flowing tops!

As you say, I`ll find other ways which could be less bulky at some point.

luv Pollx

Hi Poll, glad it all went well, sorry I’ve missed out on a few things recently, the last week since we’ve been on holiday and really since Xmas with the extension to the house and all th things the children have had going on. Hope to catch up a bt more now tbh. But for now, I’m glad you seem to be doing well, I’m sure you’ll be back to your outings again in no time. Cheryl:-)

Hi, I am using a night bag in the day and night…so I can drink as much as I like without wondering if I`m gonna overflow!

Hosepipe ban/watering gardens? Now, perhaps I could start a side line!

luv Pollx

I use night bags with my spc, flip/flow in the day. It’s such a joy not to have to get up 3 times in the night :-)) Sara x

Hi Sara, glad to know you are doing well again.

My wound is sore today. It`s cleaned twice a day and isnt gungy, just a bit sticky.

Even going round the house in my wheelie, is making me sore. So resting up more today and tomorrow, as hoping to be going out Wednesday.

luv Pollx