Eye patch. Double vision. No more. There is hope!

Hiya

After many years of double vision. It’s been cracked!

The double vision happens when I use both eyes and gets much worse when fatigued and stressed. The last few years I have been wearing a pirate’s eye patch when watching TV and talking to people. I have asked for advice and help when I lived in South Yorkshire but nothing could be done. Until…

For various reasons I moved back to the Wirral and chased a small piece of paper that mentioned ophthalmologists at the Walton Centre. After a few months of appointments and Botox in the eye. A hero mirical surgeon operated on my eye in Aintree.

Now…no double vision. Gosh! Unbelievable! Wow! Eye patches are now in the draw to gather dust. HURRAY!

For all the ‘eye patch wearers’ out there. Sometimes there is hope and a reversal. Do not give up and seek out an ophthalmologists.

Now to start work on other symptoms.

Marty

P.S. I wonder if I should change my avatar now that I no longer need my patch?

(The post is a bit late showing but good old Stewart has sorted it. Thank you.)

That’s brilliant news! Must feel great :slight_smile:

Keep the avatar - I loved Dangermouse :slight_smile:

Karen x

That’s excellent! I had double vision for a couple of months recently, a drop in the ocean compared to the length of time you’ve been suffering. I know how difficult life was and how isolated and distressed I felt. I was lucky as mine cleared up with help from steroids, but still unpleasant. Again, yours is lovely news, enjoy! Cathy x

Cathy, Karen. Thank you to you both. As you know when you have lived with a symptom for years you get used to it. Then that symptom is taken away and ‘normality’ is restored. You do get the ‘wow’ that’s amazing!

I did ask my ‘miracle worker’ if he could fix any other symptoms on my list but unfortunately not. I just need to hunt out another one. LOL!

Marty

thats great for you marty.

double vision is horrid. i had it for a good period a couple years back. made me totaly depressed.