Early stages of being diagnosed

Hey
So I’ve got optic neuritis!!!
Really rubbish I have lost vision in my left eye. Bloods all on, but they have found white matter on the brain. Referring me to a neurologist, said it would take 6-8 weeks!!
Currently on tablet form steroids. So worried !!!

Hello,
I completely lost vision in right eye when I had optic neuritis before. It is temporary but it does take a while for the vision to return to what it was.
The prednisolone (steroid) will help to speed up the recovery from a relapse.
Just hang in there, you do get better.
Best,
JP

I am sorry that you are having such a worrying time and hope that your vision starts to improve soon.

Hi, my first symptom was optic neuritis too. That recovered well, almost back to normal. Few weeks later I got double vision in the same (right) eye. Got a patch on my glasses which was to train the eye to see correctly. Had it on for 2 weeks. Consultant in the eye department dropped the MS bombshell on me. He said because I was back to normal he wouldn’t recommend me going for more intensive tests. This was 2003 and I didn’t go for any more tests and I was ok for 4 years. I guess what I am saying is I am glad I just went on with my life and didn’t worry about what might happen in the future because none of us know what that might entail for us.

Hi,

I have been there. I had lost 100% vision in the right eye. It basically recovered up to 75% but it took about 7 months to recover. I can see ok with glasses now, but I have some colour-blindness and lack of depth perception in this eye. My contrast is also really bad. I think that the younger you are, the more chances to have a better recovery. I was 40 when it happened to me.

Important: ask your doctor to give you blood test for vitamin D. Mine was very low. My recovery speeded up while I took really hight vitamin D prescription, given by the neurologist. I am diagnosed with MS now.

Maria

1 Like