E S A

HI EVERYONE . HAS ANYONE HAD TO FILL IN ONE OF THOSE HORRID QUESTIONAIRES IN TO MAINTAIN THEIR BENEFIT. i HAVE TO FILL ONE IN BY THE END OF JULY. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE OR COMMENT.

Hi Mrbardsley, I haven’t had mine yet, but loads of people have.

The best thing you can do is joing the ‘Benefits & Work’ website… it’s about £20 for annual membership… but so worth it.

They have guides to all the application forms and appeal processes… written in plain English by lawyers who are benefit experts.

I got turned down for DLA until I joined and followed their guides… and lots of people have been using them for ESA form with good results.

Good luck with it.

A few people with PPMS have been put in the support group (where you don’t have to look for work) recently without even having the medical. But make sure you send supporting evidence from neuro etc… Benefits and Work will give you all the advice you need.

Pat x

Hi. My union sent me booklets to help claim for both ESA and DLA and they were very helpful. If you have a union they could possibly do the same for you or Citizen’s Advice may help.

Cath x

Hi bardsley, i had to do one recently. I got put into the surport group without having to do a med. I would just like to second what pat said. Join Benefits & work, send surporting evidense if you can. Get help from the C A B or your MS nurse, mine was very helpful. What ever you do don’t miss the dead line even if your waiting for surporting evidense, you can always send that later. And good luck, Tim