I DID IT!

Hi everyone -

I did it - I got ESA!

Over the moon and in shock!

EVERYBODY should know about the benefits and work website, I couldn’t have done it without them.

When I next see MS nurse I’m going to recommend he tell every other patient about them.

Hello sparkledust, I agree with you. If it wasn’t for the benefits and work website I would have been lost. After being put into the work related group & being informed that I should be able to work I received benefits until April which was then stopped. During this time my MS had deteriorated. However without the benefits and work website giving guidance I probably would not have completed my ESA 50 with enough information on it for them to see how much I had deteriorated.

I was also over the moon when I was informed that I was put in the support group without a medical. Also it is helpful to have letters from your consultant ms nurse & gp to help as back up to information you have given. Good luck to anyone now going through this I know how stressful it can be when you are not well.

Sylvia

It is very stressful, Sylvia, I was so fraught with nerves I couldn’t think straight. Luckily for me, I had my daughter to help fill the form out too.

I definitely think the main thing is to send in as much “evidence” of your illness as you can. I found all the departments (neurology, urology etc., were happy to help. x

Congratulations

Karen x

Fantastic News Sparkledust! Teresa xx

Thanks everyone! xx

I hope it makes life a lot easier Sparkledust. Teresa xx

Snap !

I did the same got it first time.

I have been a member of Benefit & Works for a couple of year and always recommend it if anybodt I know has anything to sort out.

Best £20 I spent.

I got it about 3 months ago.

What a relief it was.

Congratulations and well done you.

Ronin.

That’s fantastic Sparkledust!

I completely agree about the B&W site. I don’t think I’d have got my DLA without them.

Mags

Hi Pat,

that’s terrible about your DLA. I’m sure you’ll have better luck now you’ve joined the website.

Disgusting that they never even investigated.

I was put in the support group!

Still elated! xx

[quote=Sparkledust]

Hi everyone -

I did it - I got ESA!

Over the moon and in shock!

EVERYBODY should know about the benefits and work website, I couldn’t have done it without them.

When I next see MS nurse I’m going to recommend he tell every other patient about them.

Congratulations Sparkledust, some good news for a change.

Take care

Wendy x

What a relief for you.

Well done!

luv Pollx

This site that your recommending, would a disability advice centre or similar, CAB be able to help with DLA and ESA forms in the same way?

Thanks Poll!xx

Deanne,

I know CAB do help with the forms, but I don’t know any details, sorry.

Good luck with your claim! xx