DVLA form question.

Hi guys

Had the form through yesterday from the DVLA, its the first official looking documents i’ve had which makes my diagnosis look real now. I think i’ll be fine filling out the form, but I have a query about one of the questions.

It states:

Have you suffered from any of the following conditions:

Multiple Sclerosis YES NO

Have you had a relapse or relapses? ??? Date of realpse?

Don’t worry, I will answer “yes” to the suffering from MS bit, but do I say that I have had a relapse?

I have had one epsisode which was the catalyst which was the cause for the MRI and then the Neurologist appointment and the diagnosis, and the DX was only just over a week ago. I have not had a relapse since this episode. Would the epsiode which triggered this, which was back in July be classed as a relapse? I have had MS type things happen over a period of a couple of years which eventually led to the DX.

Would be greatful for any help or ideas with this. I’m seeing my “official” doctor on Tuesday so that he can see me again (after 3 years LOL) and see that I should be fit to retain my licence.

Thank you in advance.

hi i,m just starting to fill my form in i,m saying yes to ms no relapse are you sending both your licence application and medical form in together.i want to but i,m unsure which address to send it to.hope it all works out ok for you. bye

MS - yes : relapse - no

You have not had a relapse since you were informed you had MS. Right or wrong, thats what i would put down.

JBK x

Thanks Jelly and Mistymoo

Yes, no relapse since I was informed,that is right. I thought it was.

The DVLA sent my form through with an envelope to send it back. The address is:

Medical in confidence

Drivers Medical Group

DVLA

Swansea

SA99 1DF

I am going to send mine in and get a proof of sending reciept or something. Don’t want anything to happen to it once the post office gets their hands on it.

I did mine not so long ago and I too said yes to ms but no to a relapse as it was the episode that led to investigations to diagnose the ms x

My gp

filled that forms in for me and sent it off . now I have to go for a driving assessment at a disability action centre. I just hope I’m having a good day when eyes aren’t too blurry and let leg and hand are awake . fingers crossed T

[quote=“mistymoo”]

hi i,m just starting to fill my form in i,m saying yes to ms no relapse are you sending both your licence application and medical form in together.i want to but i,m unsure which address to send it to.hope it all works out ok for you. bye

[/quote] You dont send your driving license form in if thats what you mean…just the medical form. You only send in your license if DVLA revoke it. Sorry if thats not what you meant, I’m easily confused lol