Does this sound like optic neuritis?

Hi everyone just a quick question for the past week or so I’ve noticed that I get blurred vision (mainly in the evenings) and a change of colour in one eye along with dizziness when moving eyes. No pain as such to either eye. Wondering if this sounds like optic neuritis? If so, with optic neuritis does it mean I will loose eyesight temporarily? Just not sure what to expect. Also should I contact the gp about it and do I need treatment for it or does it normally get better on its own? Would be grateful for advice. Thanks

Hi,m

I had optic neuritis during my first attack. I lost about 30% of my vision in my left eye. It cleared up after about four months.

I haven’t had it like that since. Yours doesn’t sound like ON. I get something very similar though.

I get times when my peripheral vision starts to go. The edges of my vision become blurred and the light flickers. This moves about in my left eye and then finally recedes into the background. It lasts for about thirty minutes. It doesn’t really bother me, as long as it goes.

I should imagine that you have damage to your optic nerve but it isn’t that severe. I’m not sure if there is anything you can take for it. You would have to ask your Doctor or MS Nurse for that.

Hope that this helps.

Adrian

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help